I am so getting banned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so getting banned

I have gotten in an argument with almost every single person on these Jeep forums lol. Man, the mentality over there is so backwards it's not even funny.

Apparently the physics that apply to every other motor / vehicle don't apply or exist to jeeps

I had to go to the dodge crowd :rant::rolleyes:

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: I am so getting banned

Some sites are like that , just have to look around and find a good one. What was it about the engine they had trouble understanding?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah, that's why I'm only a member here. I love this site. We are like a family here helping each other out. Other forums they are just bashing each other out.

Comment

Yeah, I got banned off a few sites because of stupid peoples comments. Of course being in pain and taking oxytocin didn't help on how I chose my wording.LOL
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i can give a shorter list of sites im not banned from than sites im banned from and im a member of about 40 different forums currently. hell i got banned from facebook even for a month lol

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
            i can give a shorter list of sites im not banned from than sites im banned from and im a member of about 40 different forums currently. hell i got banned from facebook even for a month lol

Some sites are like that , just have to look around and find a good one. What was it about the engine they had trouble understanding?
            Some guy asked what he could do to increase mpg and I said it's the same kind of stuff guys who race/we try to do to free up hp without physically adding it...electric fans (jeeps have manual fans) electric water pumps, crank scrapers, better windage trays, lighter weight wheels.

Anything that improves efficiency will both increase mpg and put more hp to the wheels

Guys got their panties up in a knot about how jeeps are different from cars and that none of those things apply to a jeep.

Apparently their jeeps are built of some magical substance....

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post

Some guy asked what he could do to increase mpg and I said it's the same kind of stuff guys who race/we try to do to free up hp without physically adding it...electric fans (jeeps have manual fans) electric water pumps, crank scrapers, better windage trays, lighter weight wheels.

Anything that improves efficiency will both increase mpg and put more hp to the wheels

Guys got their panties up in a knot about how jeeps are different from cars and that none of those things apply to a jeep.

Apparently their jeeps are built of some magical substance....
              You didn't know Jeeps and LS1's were built by the gods.lol

Comment

its a jeep thing mike, you just dont understand lol

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                  its a jeep thing mike, you just dont understand lol
                  A lot of stuff I apparently don't understand.

Apparently 30mpg in an ls1 is ****ty gas mileage and also, due to the shape of the jeep it is impossible to ever get better mpg

oh oh oh the best one....best way to clean your motor out is to suck water from a jug into it very slowly since it releases all of the carbon deposits....

Comment

JEEP - Just Empty Every Pocket

Although I'm more of a fan of calling them "Heaps". ;)

I actually don't have anything against them. But like all car communities, it's just too fun to mess with close-minded owners. Fortunately the in-laws are open-minded Jeep people.

If you want to start a hot debate, post up opinions on whether a Wrangler or XJ is the better off-road vehicle.
                    '99 Camaro
                    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Does it really matter?
                      Phil

Comment

The answer is neither its the Silverado. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                          This^^ lol
                          aka FreedStyle
                          Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                          2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                            I really want a Silverado to do up but I don't want to drop the coin to get what I want right now.

BUT, that also being said...even though I am fairly new to the offroad scene, We've beat out 2 trucks with the jeeps on the back roads just going through trails...one was a Silverado, 7" lift on 35's (pretty sure the guy just couldn't drive, he got stuck everywhere) and the other was a stock sierra 2 wheel drive that was getting stuck on grass (no idea how)...anyways, both my cousins and our buddies jeep navigated the trails without a hiccup (I left mine at home that day, and mine is lifted and has more work that the 2 jeeps that were out)

Seems like the short wheelbase in jeeps really gives you an advantage, even some of the hills we've hit recently, trucks would bottom out trying to get over, the jeep wouldn't because it was shorter.

I really just need to throw a chevy engine in this jeep lol

If you want to start a hot debate, post up opinions on whether a Wrangler or XJ is the better off-road vehicle.
                            Bahahah, oh I don't doubt it.

I might just do that for fun...

Comment

Its probably the drivers, I'll admit I'm not the greatest off road driver, I let my buddy drive it when we go off road to go shooting. But I'll watch him and ask him questions so just in case I need to drive then I'll know. The only time we've been stuck is when we went on a gravel road and it had about a foot of snow on it with a very steep incline. We made it up about half way and then the tires just sank into the snow and into the gravel and all 4 tires were buried. I don't have a winch and there was no one who could come and get us so we finally got it backed out. I would say its at least a 45 degree angle or more. Whens theres no snow it goes up fine. He told me alot of people get stuck going up it when it snows.
                              Last edited by ssms5411; 08-06-2014, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X