Is it time for a new body for Camaro? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it time for a new body for Camaro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time for a new body for Camaro?

Looking at other cars that have NOT adopted a
    "retro" look like GM has...I think its time for Conservative GM
    to do a new Camaro that does not looking like it was styled in 1967.
    Phil

Re: Is it time for a new body for Camaro?

Dont worry the next generation Camaro is not styled like a 1967...it will be 1970. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6 View Post
      Looking at other cars that have NOT adopted a
      "retro" look like GM has...I think its time for Conservative GM
      to do a new Camaro that does not looking like it was styled in 1967.
      GM did not do a "retro" Camaro. I'd buy a Challenger, then a Mustang before I'd buy that UGLY Camaro.

Now this is a "retro" Camaro.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/page/ret...tyling-package

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I HAD A 1967 CAmaro six stick and it was nothing but problems, I sold it within a month of buying it used in 1973. The new Camaro was intended to look like an update of the 1967...retro is dead but of course not at GM....they sell cars not because of what they do but in spite of what they do. I wonder if that ignition part was made in CHINA....I bet it was. More cheap Chinese Crap that American firms just love.
        Phil

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
          GM did not do a "retro" Camaro. I'd buy a Challenger, then a Mustang before I'd buy that UGLY Camaro.

Now this is a "retro" Camaro.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/page/ret...tyling-package

I remember you posting that link before Robert, thats the only new Camaro I would buy is with that kit and for $10,000 installed I think its a great deal.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarborBlkv6 View Post
            I HAD A 1967 CAmaro six stick and it was nothing but problems, I sold it within a month of buying it used in 1973. The new Camaro was intended to look like an update of the 1967...retro is dead but of course not at GM....they sell cars not because of what they do but in spite of what they do. I wonder if that ignition part was made in CHINA....I bet it was. More cheap Chinese Crap that American firms just love.
            If your talking about the recall on the 2010 to present Camaro it is a joke.

Supposedly someway somehow someone bumped the ignition key and managed to turn off their engine while driving.

Going into full panic mode GM recalls all 500,000 cars.

There is nothing wrong with the ignition and I could not even get my knee close to it under normal driving conditions.

BTW I know the restart procedure in case of an emergency while driving;)

Put the car in neutral and turn the key back to run;)

BTW the 2010 up Camaro is the best looking best built Camaro ever.

Comment

I still don't understand how people crash when the car turns off...like, you can still steer...and you can still brake, it just takes a tad bit more effort...but not that much. I know, I've shut my car off while driving before to diagnose things...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post
                If your talking about the recall on the 2010 to present Camaro it is a joke.

Supposedly someway somehow someone bumped the ignition key and managed to turn off their engine while driving.

Going into full panic mode GM recalls all 500,000 cars.

There is nothing wrong with the ignition and I could not even get my knee close to it under normal driving conditions.

BTW I know the restart procedure in case of an emergency while driving;)

Put the car in neutral and turn the key back to run;)

BTW the 2010 up Camaro is the best looking best built Camaro ever.
                You pretty much nailed it. I know a lot of people who drives GM cars with those years and none of them have had a problem with the ignition switch. My co-worker's 2010 chevy malibu with over 100k miles on it already got re-called to have this changed, but he said he never had any problems with it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                  I still don't understand how people crash when the car turns off...like, you can still steer...and you can still brake, it just takes a tad bit more effort...but not that much. I know, I've shut my car off while driving before to diagnose things...
                  I think I heard in the news that once it shuts off the wheel locks up or something.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                    I think I heard in the news that once it shuts off the wheel locks up or something.
                    I don't even think that is possible unless the car is in park...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I suspect that GM in its efforts to save money at any cost, the part was made in China...more cheap Chinese Crap....Corporate american never learns....this kind of think has happened over and over and over and over and over again.
                      Phil

Comment

i dont know why everyone thinks its going to change much, its killing the mustang and challenger in sales every year, why the hell would they screw with it? platform switch or not, they dont have to change it that much.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                        Or this

Comment

Yeah, I think the Camaro is doing better than the Vette too.

Comment

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/futur...t-camaro-spied

its still a ways off before seeing it finished, but that the overall body lines says im right

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                            Or this

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                              Yeah, I think the Camaro is doing better than the Vette too.
                              Well they usually only sell 30 to 40,000 Vettes max and they sell as many Camaro's as they can make (over 500,000 since 2009)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X