Free joyrides in a Ford! Ecoboost Challenge Drive Tour - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free joyrides in a Ford! Ecoboost Challenge Drive Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free joyrides in a Ford! Ecoboost Challenge Drive Tour

I haven't posted anything in years, but I've been lurking around. I still have my 2001 Firebird and drive it every weekend.

I just found out about a free event Ford is hosting. They want people to come out and test drive their cars for free on a track. It sounds like fun, so I thought I'd send out a holler for anyone interested in trying out some Fords. You actually get to beat on them if you want.

You can register for the event here:

http://fordecoboostchallengedrive.co...130709053732:s

Or Google Ford Ecoboost Challenge Drive and you'll get about a dozen of available locations.

I'm going this Saturday to the Berkeley, CA Tour. I'm hoping that they have other cars to drive than just the Fiesta, Fusion, and Focus ST. I can't see myself buying any of their small cars, but the Taurus and Mustang are pretty nice, and I just like trying out any car I can get my hands on... especially if it's free.

This kind of event really makes me miss the GM Autoshow in Motion (they used to have it all the time before they went bankrupt). Anyone remember those?

Enjoy!
    2001 white Firebird (completely stock)<br /><br />2003 Civic LX sedan for my daily commute. 115 hp (Yes, pathetic, but gets me 36 mpg!)

Re: Free joyrides in a Ford! Ecoboost Challenge Drive Tour

Nothing in AZ , oh well.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah usually in car shows here they have a test and drive event. Gm and Ford are always out there. I got to drive the 5.0 Stang and Corvette.

Comment

Signed up, thanks.

Comment

I went to the Ford Ecoboost Challenge event, but didn't get past the 100+ people standing in line at 9:50 AM! It didn't seem that Ford planned this event well. There were no signs pointing to the event until you were well into Golden Gate Fields' parking lot. And there were only 3 people working the registration line. There was no special line for anyone who pre-registered online.

I was looking forward to driving the cars, but as soon as the announcer said that the Fiesta and Focus ST timed challenge is only for people who know how to drive a manual, and you will have to drive with an instructor, (no beating on any of the cars) I just left. (I wish dad taught me how to drive a manual, but he never did, and I don't know anyone who has a manual, either.)

So anyway, that was a big letdown, and I decided not to wait the 1 hour in line just to drive a Fusion against a Camry. I did go to a Ford dealer and test drove the Fusion, but it wasn't as fun a ride as I expected. Compared to my Firebird, it was just meh.

It's just too bad that GM doesn't do the Autoshow in Motion anymore. In that event, you could drive most of the cars unchaperoned, and it was a lot of fun.
          2001 white Firebird (completely stock)<br /><br />2003 Civic LX sedan for my daily commute. 115 hp (Yes, pathetic, but gets me 36 mpg!)

Comment

Too bad your not close to Inland Empire I'll show you how to work a manual with my truck. I used to work for drivers ed.

Comment

I went today and had A LOT of fun!!!!! Driving the Focus ST and Fiesta ST was fun. I have never auto crossed before and I think the bug bit me. The "pro" laid down a 34.5 I did a 38.7, not bad being I had only 4 laps, 2 in each car to do it. A lot of fun and worth every cent....oh wait...IT'S FREE AND IT WAS DEFINITELY FOR ME!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X