New owner of 1993 Firebird 3.4L in South Western Pa. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New owner of 1993 Firebird 3.4L in South Western Pa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owner of 1993 Firebird 3.4L in South Western Pa.

Last Tuesday we found a great deal on a 93 Bird for my son. 187,000 miles on her, but the car is really in good shape.

We hit the paint with my Porter Cable polisher and took it to a car cruise yesterday. Here is my father's 03 SVT Cobra, my 2012 Transformers 3 2SS/RS Camaro and now we add my son's 1993 Firebird.

My son noticed while sitting at the cruise noticed that with our two cars, we have the birds and the bees. Get it..... The birds.... and bumblebee..... The bees. Funny kid.

Sent from a Galaxy Note 2, far far away.
    Last edited by FirebirdGT; 05-27-2013, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Re: New owner of 1996 Firebird 3.4L in South Western Pa.

Looks good.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

We got it for $900, so I think we got a fine deal. It has high miles at 187K, but it was sold to us by the 72 year old original owner that purchased the car new for his wifes 1993 Christmas gift. He says they never ate or drank in the car, and it was driven in winter but never on snow. It does have some rust on the passanger rocker panel and the front bumper cover paint is shattered from flexing, but the interior is amazing and the paint is fantastic. So long as it runs through the summer, I will be happy.

Comment

Cool deal. Nice cars there.

Comment

that car down here would go for 2000 at least thats a good good find. and cheap looks clean and welcome.

Comment

love that SS. Sounds like a sweet deal. Can't even get a running F-body here for $900, little own one that is in good condition.
              In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
              2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Great $900 car!
                I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Welcome, nice looking cars. Will you guys be attending the gm nationals in Carlisle?

Comment

They charge you $40 to bring your car in and $70 for something called the car corral? So, you supply the cars that the people pay to come see, but they charge you to bring your car..... so that they can charge the people that want to look at the car that they charged you for?

Call me a cynic, but that sounds like a money making machine for the promoters.

Ok, now that I'm over that shock, maybe I will. What is that $70 car corral thing about?

Comment

Very nice. Same color and year as mine.

Comment

Got the engine bay cleaned up a bit and wiped down. I sprayed a couple cans of Gunk Foamy Engine Brite and rubbed everything I could with my hands and then rinsed it with tap water until no more residue was seen. Then after it dried, I sprayed it with Gunk Engine Shine/Protector. It looks like a new car again!

Then I dug into the exhaust issue where the back of the Y-pipe cracked just in front of the convertor. What I did was went to the parts store and got an 18" piece of 2.5 OD that is swelled to 2.5" ID on the end, I put the cat in the band saw and cut the factory front fitting off at the weld to the cat main body and measured the overall length required for the convertor to full the longer space with the broken off tail of the Y-pipe. So my cat needed to become 22.5" end to end, I cut that 18"pipe so that once welded to the cat, I would be at 22.5"and have the 2.5"ID to slide over the factory Y-pipe.

And, my son is once more ready to cruise in the Fire Chicken!

Comment

I'm totally trying those cleaners. That looks great. Where did you purchase them?

Comment

I got them from Autozone, but Gunk branded engine cleaner should be available at just about any National auto parts retailer. The foamy engine Brite is the a bit weaker than the standard Gunk engine cleaner, but I like the thick white foam because you can see that you've covered it all. You will want to have at least 2 cans of it and not let it dry. Do it in the morning while it's cool out and if while you're rubbing it into the stuff it starts to dry, but fresh on it or go straight to the hose. Don't use it on a warm engine and don't wet the engine with water first.

The Gunk Engine Shine/protector leaves a slightly oiled surface, sort of like Armor All. It looks awesome, but dust tends to stick to it more and you'll find you will want to repeat the process every month or two.

You'll be amazed what your engine bay will look like after you do this. If your engine is really dirty, you may want to do the cleaner, rinse, let dry and then cleaner and rinse again. Then do the shine. Once you get it cleaned, it's easy to keep it looking clean and like new. One quick can with no rubbing and your back to stunning.

Comment

Definitely doing that in the next few days.is there anything you should avoid getting it on tho? Wires, alternator, battery, coils, connections?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X