Ammo shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo shortage

Anyone else heard about this , I can't find any ammo for my guns right now, everything is sold out.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Re: Ammo shortage

Been that way since election night pretty much, but got really severe in December, and has stayed that way since the gun control debate has kept up. Should straighten out after a while, but who knows when that'll be.

Comment

Some online sources say it won't be until 2015, I can't wait that long. LOL They also say the Gov. bought up 1.6 billon rounds of ammo.
      Last edited by ssms5411; 05-06-2013, 04:31 PM.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

For the past ten years ammo manufacturers have been working at capacity with military contracts and private sales. When the panic happened, the surplus was bought. Store owners have been saying that any time they get shipments in, a few people will come in and buy everything. Customers are so panicked that they will buy in huge bulk thinking it will be there last, leaving us, the normal people, with nothing.

Hornady has literally been running there presses 24/7, the companies cannot keep up with the demand.

Were is ome more info on the problem as well. http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphben...-conversation/
        Last edited by KJZ28; 05-06-2013, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Good article, I found ammo online but the prices have doubled, I'll pick up some AK rounds and a few 9mm rounds since I'm running short, I'm thinking they did this on purpose to increase ammo round sales. Making twice as much on ammo must put money in someones pocket.

Comment

Yea, it sucks. I haven't been able to get pretty much anything for any of mine.

Comment

I've been staggering my trips to freds and have been pretty lucky so far. odd thing, the other day they were out of 22lr but did have some 223.
              1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
              2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
              94 comero 3.4

Comment

since i cant get any 223 or 308 guess ill shoot my 12ga and do some trap shooting this year

Comment

Gun manufactures and Ammo Manufactures are on the board and good friends with the NRA...what is the best way to drive demand for their products...frighten the members that Obama is coming to their house to get their guns...panic by many...increase in gun and ammo sales is the result. Years ago as a joke Johnny Carson said on the show there was a real shortage of toilet paper...people panicked and the shelves were empty the next day. Everything in this country and firms will do ANYTHING to sell more product and gun & ammo mfg are no exception to this. Many people went out and bought more guns after Newtown murders, ignoring the fact that people can only shoot one gun at a time...and that includes soldiers in the military. Soldiers are rarely given more than one gun.....and they are at WAR.
                  Phil

Comment

well, if tey had sent me to the 'stan, I would've been sporting my 9 & M4 at same time. 3rd time in Iraq I was switching between. Since you don't live in (not so) merryland you don't know how stupid they've gotten guns and their "fake legislation" to restrict guns types. what ever, should have my AR around end of month, adding to my PX4 and Marlin 60.

410 ammo is always on the shelf in abundance,...... wonder what they feel like when shot.

btw, the best gun salesman n the country is BHO.
                    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                    94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by sac2165
                      Its just crazy people in a panic frenzy.

People seem to have gone full-on retard, fearful that the government is going to either going to ban ammo and guns, or there is going to be some sort of revolution civil war against the government.

The DHS ammo rumor has been debunked by ammo manufacturers and the NRA as a cause of the shortage. (Why they need to buy that much now with government budget problems is another issue)

If you want to know where all the ammo is, its in two places; Either hoarded away in your neighbor's house, or sitting on gun show tables for 2x the price.

The manufacturers are cranking out ammo at a record-breaking pace, give it a couple of months and you'll see boat-loads of surplus ammo on sale.
                      This all the way. And Im still trying to understand why any one person needs thousands of rounds stockpiled.
                      1995 Pontiac Firebird
                      2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

I did buy 1000 rounds at a time just for the price and I go shooting every month but that has stopped since the ammo is twice as much or more now.

Comment

I ran out of missles last week.

I gotta restock for the zombies.
                          Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                          nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                          2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                          2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Never have to worry about ammo with the laser death ray the nice aliens in the flying saucer gave me. :D

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                              Never have to worry about ammo with the laser death ray the nice aliens in the flying saucer gave me. :D

You got one too.lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X