going to sell the camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going to sell the camaro

crazy right lol. never drive her anymore. in 3 years i put under 1000 miles on her. i have mixed fellings about it but i think i'm ready.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Re: going to sell the camaro

You can always change not driving it... you can't un-sell it. There's a reason I have a Trans Am that's been driven 13k since 1997...

Comment

I put 500 miles on my Camaro in the last 2 years I'd owned it. As much as I loved it, I haven't ever regretted selling it.

Good luck with it, Kristen!
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Whats up with everyone selling their cars. I have mine parked in the garage for the last 2 years with about 5 miles put on it. Its just something I won't get rid of. Good luck with the sell though.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i'm not going to push the sale or go low on her.
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
            i'm not going to push the sale or go low on her.
            That's how I felt when I put mine up for sale initially. After 18 months on the market including 3 months on a consignment lot, I settled for the price all of the stock ones in not-as-nice of condition were selling for. It's my conclusion that 90% of buyers could care less how much or little you have into a car--it's still worth blue book to them. The other 10% don't have any money.

I don't mean to scare you though; that's just my experience.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
              Whats up with everyone selling their cars. I have mine parked in the garage for the last 2 years with about 5 miles put on it. Its just something I won't get rid of. Good luck with the sell though.

I know what you mean. It's getting depressing now seeing the old school folks selling their fbodies, but I know it's their choice.

I've had mine for 14 years now and I have no plans of getting rid of it. Seeing a 4th gen on the street is becoming less and less now.

Comment

I have had 5 4th gens since 1996 2 V6's and 3 V8's and I have sold 3 and had a 95 3.4 catch fire.

I loved them all but there comes a time that you want to move on,at least I get that way.

I am currently selling my 99TA,I don't need to but with my current car love being a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS I wont be driving it much and its a shame to see it just sitting there:(

Comment

Just hold on to it until your son is in high school. That's what I did - LOL - you have a bit longer wait that I did.

I got close to selling it but we delayed the decision a bit and finally decided to keep it.

My biggest regret in car decisions was selling the 1987 Firebird at about the time in our children's lives you are at right now. I was so-o-o-o-o-o glad when someone finally hit the Stratus I was driving at the time - because I was finally able to get back into an F body car.
                  I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                  CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                  FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

I've put less than that on my 78. Keep the car, put it as "stored" when not driving, enjoy it when you are.

just my $0.02
                    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                    94 comero 3.4

Comment

My brother didn't touch his Camaro for 2 years at all. My grandfather put 100 miles on his Maverick in 9 years. If I were you I wouldn't do it. You will regret it when your kids are old enough.

Comment

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post
                        I have had 5 4th gens since 1996 2 V6's and 3 V8's and I have sold 3 and had a 95 3.4 catch fire.

I loved them all but there comes a time that you want to move on,at least I get that way.

I am currently selling my 99TA,I don't need to but with my current car love being a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS I wont be driving it much and its a shame to see it just sitting there:(
                        Oh? More info on that? I'd love a 98+ trans am and I'm not too far away

Comment

Why is it you don't drive it? That should have a lot to do with if you sell it or not.

I figure the value of my car to me is about 1/100th of what it is worth blue book, so I keep it. They aren't expensive cars to keep and maintain...
                          In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                          2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Originally posted by Ibanezz View Post
                            Oh? More info on that? I'd love a 98+ trans am and I'm not too far away
                            PM sent.

Comment

Originally posted by 1997Canadian3.8 View Post
                              Why is it you don't drive it? That should have a lot to do with if you sell it or not.

I figure the value of my car to me is about 1/100th of what it is worth blue book, so I keep it. They aren't expensive cars to keep and maintain...
                              I just love my 5th Gen,its so refined and I am old;)

It pains me to see it sit so much when someone else could be enjoying it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X