RAGE'S transformation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RAGE'S transformation

youre better off just buying another door IMO. i have a similar problem with the trans ams door so im just going to buy a new door and start fresh with it. window motors can suck my balls. if i find a set of manual doors im going that route. i cant stand changing the ****ing motors.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

• Yea true... ehh but il leave it its holding up. Plus later on the door panels will go off to lighten up the car along with the back seat and stuff I don't need.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Today I worked on fixing my side marker light and conering lights also. They were all gone exept the front left conoring light. But still had to replace the other 3 lights rewired and put new bulbs. Then for some odd reason they did not want to work. Found out that the dash lights won't even turn on also. It was just a 20 aml fuse blown and the lights started to work again. But my front right did not want to turn on , might need to rewire that also.. Gata figure out why. So I can hurry up and get my license. And get a jo. So I can buy a 2nd car and start pileing uo parts for the bird and start modding it. :D

Comment

• My bird hit 150 k today. I know its not a lot but I've had it since 143K and its been a long 2years and 7k in those years and more to come :D

Comment

Jeez man.. you don't drive much. I got mine at 99k, almost to 153k. In 3½ years?

Comment

His car was down for the first year or so that he owned it, thats the biggest reason for his lack of miles. I bought mine in October of 2010 with 68k miles and hit 100k this spring. 32-33k in 2-1/2 years here.. I daily mine from April-November as long as there's no snow.
              aka FreedStyle
              Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
              2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

• Yea just a cfreed said it was down for a year. N I have noticed that rear leaking again I just hope its not cutting into the axle and also today I calculated that every 234 mikes I lose 1 qt of oil. today I had to buy another and pour it in since I had low oil I also need to figure out where its coming from , I hope its not a big fix or too expensive

Comment

Are you trailing blue smoke while you're driving? Or is your rear main seal on the engine leaking? This winter I need to replace my rear main, the back of my engine is soaked in oil..
                  aka FreedStyle
                  Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                  2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

• Idk it leaks from the back of the block and it falls on my exhaust and smokes and I can't see from where. I just see a trail of the oik once its dries:mad:

Comment

• Well guys I have made a decision. After seeing my options and the cost , I have decided to go with an ls1 swap. Its more bang for my buck. And I might as well start piecing it together now. Any one on here who know and has done it . I will need yalls help on this. I don't know how to do this swap or also what things will I need. Such as parts and wires, ect. I know the basics. The engine , tranny,pcm and that's aboit it. Yes I have read the thread about the swap but it does not give a step by step process. And the best way to do this for cheap is do it your self. So I'm willing to learn how to do it with yalls help. Now I will have a lot of time to save up and buy parts so I won't start it for a while since I need the parts and an extra car also. And yes this will be a drifting car. It will be lowered and have adjustable pa bar, swaybars , tower brace will also be aded. Subframe conectors to make it more stirdy. I still don't know what else I'm still thinking on it. But anyways . I will need yals input if you can help guys. For now tbe car will be keep up to maintance. And repair since it is my only and daily driver. So stay tuned. Any advice will be much help!!!

Comment

• Update guys, yesterday I decided to fix that rear leak again :mad:
                        After all its my fault for not doing it right. But this time I use home made tools.
                        Here are some pictures
                        This is what I did this time. I made a home made too wich is just a 12in rod with a bunxh of washers about the size of the bearing. Once I followed the same steps from my write up.I removed the old seal And got to the bearing I just use this tool and a hammer and hit it to move it back in since it felt like it was not in the grove for the bearing. Then
                        Also took time to clean up parts such as the pads and caliper bracket since it was just so dirty from the leak. And put it back together.

Once I was done with all that. I decided to fix the turn signal (front right) and it works now but for some reason . When I turn on my dash lights and I use it after I turn the green arrow on my dash stays on and also . Outside at night you can bearly tell its flashing. Any isea why its doing this?.

I was confused and tired so I just left it alone after that . If yall want to see what I mean I can make a video and show yall.

Any ways after that I tried to figure out where my oil leak is coming from. But no luck. So I'm going to use that die kit. So I can track it from where its comming from.

As for the ls1 swap. I am still doing reseach on it. And saving up. Going to go light wheight parts with it ., found a complete ls1 swap for 3500 on craigs list. With 158k from a 1998? I think it was camaro z28. But don't have the cash for ut now :(.

Later on today maybe I will show yall the parts I might get and see what yall think.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by FIREBIRDV6RAGE; 07-05-2013, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• Need so.e help on deciding on what if these are good deals?
                          http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/pts/3864736891.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/3922767057.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/3863398228.html

Or am I. BEtter off piecing the ls1. I've seen on some sites that you can ls swap for less than 3k if you get an engine from. A truck use the trucks harnest just sell what you don't need and bolt on the ls parts for it to fit into the engine bay. With a t56. And would my rear end and drive shaft really old? I have the v6 performance car. Ive seen on here that its ok.The end result may look ugly cause of the intake but you would just make 10 less ponnys from it cause its not a true true f body ls1. Is this true?

Comment

• And also this
                            http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/ptd/3922578732.html
                            What's a good price for the center consel. I might also get that split intake just cause it looks cool :D

Comment

From the research I've done on LS1 swap (something I'm planning in the future) the easiest way is to buy a wrecked car. Many small components are needed and the cheapest, easiest way to get them all is to buy a wrecked donor car and swap everything over.
                              In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                              2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

• Originally posted by 1997Canadian3.8 View Post
                                From the research I've done on LS1 swap (something I'm planning in the future) the easiest way is to buy a wrecked car. Many small components are needed and the cheapest, easiest way to get them all is to buy a wrecked donor car and swap everything over.
                                There is this place...wrll there's 2 of them here arouns where I live. Its not a junk yard but they have a huge lot, and I mean huge. The size of 3 or 4 football fields and its nothing but whecked cars. A week ago I saw a trans am that was rear ended. I couldn't tell of ot was a bird or a t/A. Any ways it says open to the public. Need to go check that out and see how much would they sell a trans am or a camaro.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X