Do you regret A/C delete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you regret A/C delete?

I'm thinking of getting rid of my A/C. Anyone do it then wished they hadn't? Up here the summers are very hot but not very long. Its not a daily driver either, just my toy. How much would that affect resale value?

Cheers.

Re: Do you regret A/C delete?

Just keep the old parts. I don't regret it one bit... runs noticeably cooler too.

Comment

I live in a desert and yes, I would regret it if I delete it.

Comment

My compressor went so I got a grooved pulley off a 4.3 Blazer and swapped the idler over to bypass the AC comp and got a shorter belt of course..

Comment

If you Daily Drive your 4thgen, its dumb. Why would you want to drive anwhere and be unfomfortable?

If your 4th gen is just a fun car you take to car shows and on the weekend, its dumb. Why would you want to go out for a nice drive and sweat? Yeah, its 20lbs of stuff and is in the way if you really want to go turbo, but its still dumb.

Dont get me started on heater deletes! Makes a car undriveable in temps under 50 with the window fogging up.

You live in Ontario witch is about the same latitude as where I am in Minnesota. Summers are short yeah, but hot and muggy.

Comment

I should add that... "summer" here gets up to a scorching 85.

Comment

I don't regret it my Ac didn't work to start with

Comment

Originally posted by Rhunadan View Post
                I'm thinking of getting rid of my A/C. Anyone do it then wished they hadn't? Up here the summers are very hot but not very long. Its not a daily driver either, just my toy. How much would that affect resale value?

Cheers.
                My A/C stopped working about 3 years ago, I never bothered fixing it because if it's nice out I usually have my top down. We had a lot of construction last summer and I decided I'm definitely going to replace the compressor and get it working this summer. I did not enjoy sweating balls every time I was idling and the sun was beating down on me. Even with the top down, it gets bloody hot here somedays....

It will hurt your resale value in Ontario, everyone wants A/C for the humid hot summers. I say keep it, this isn't my DD either; just a toy.
                In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

I never use A/C even when I'm in a car that does have it...the only time I somewhat regret it is when I have passengers that don't want the windows down...but that's their problem.

Mines a hardtop to, so it's hotter than ttops. I made no hesitation to ditch mine, I personally have always felt that A.C in cars is like a fake cold

Resale value? The car is worth 3-5gs here in Ontario regardless...truthfully I think the people looking for these kinds of vehicles now are not all high strung on whether it has A/C or not anyways

If it were me, Id do it like I already have

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                  1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I had a car with no A/C....I missed it on the Hot Rod Power Tour. I drove through Ohio which smelled like manure for 300 miles, I would have kept it JUST for that time, it was that bad. Then we got into triple digit temperatures in the South and I missed it again. Also if it was raining and it was hot out it would get very humid in the car and sometimes fog the windows up.

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post

Mines a hardtop to, so it's hotter than ttops.
                    Not true my brother and I got sick with my 86 Trans Am on a road trip because of the heat and the sun hitting us. It felt like we were sun burned, but because the tops are UV coated we were not actually burnt, it was very strange. I now own T-top shades for the 4th gen because of that experience.
                    Last edited by KJZ28; 04-13-2013, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KJZ28 View Post
                      Not true my brother and I got sick with my 86 Trans Am on a road trip because of the heat and the sun hitting us. It felt like we were sun burned, but because the tops are UV coated we were not actually burnt, it was very strange. I now own T-top shades for the 4th gen because of that experience.
                      I never use my T-top shades - BUT - if I were to go on a cross-country road trip I would bring them along for just that reason.
                      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Everglades W68 View Post
                        I never use my T-top shades - BUT - if I were to go on a cross-country road trip I would bring them along for just that reason.
                        Yeah even if it is for one road trip in your life it is worth it.

Comment

it's the same thing as being in the sun all day...drink lots of water and wear a hat and you'll be fine. Getting sick from having the sun come through the ttops has nothing to do with A/C or not having A/C

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                            it's the same thing as being in the sun all day...drink lots of water and wear a hat and you'll be fine. Getting sick from having the sun come through the ttops has nothing to do with A/C or not having A/C
                            I understand that, you had said that your car because its a hardtop was hotter, I was saying that the t-tops makes the car like a greenhouse and even hotter. Either way our cars get toasty in the summer.

Comment

I deleted it from my turbo'd car. I didn't have to but I would have to modify the lines just a little. I wish I modified the lines. I drive that car less because it has no AC.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X