cars history hunt down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cars history hunt down.

ok guys so the reason for this tread is because i have been thinking about tracking down the past owners of my car (my firebird )and find out what its history been. for example who has owned it, past repairs, any car accidents, documents i can gather from its passed, find out how many owners have had it, what states /cities has it lived in the past 13 years ect.

http://www.pennyvette.com/index.php?...&catid=42%3A..

this website has given an idea what to look for and ask.

have any of yall ever done something like this and have any advice?

i know it will be allot of work maybe take a couple of years but i know it will be worth it.

Re: cars history hunt down.

I wouldn't mind doing it but I'm the original owner of mine so no need to check.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

meh, i had a carfax done on my car because i was curious (i used a friends carfax, i didnt pay for it)

i would only consider it is your ca is something special, a rare car worth a lot of money, not a $2500 v6 car

Comment

Its good to know the history of your vehicle, my truck I'm the 2nd owner. Its been taken care of pretty well, which I'm glad.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
          meh, i had a carfax done on my car because i was curious (i used a friends carfax, i didnt pay for it)

i would only consider it is your ca is something special, a rare car worth a lot of money, not a $2500 v6 car
          yea my car is not rare or worth allot of money and is a v6 but look at it from my point of view : its my first car that i worked hard to buy and also took allot of time for me to get it running right. its my only car (for now) that takes me to school and home and any other place i want to go. i get alot of complements from it and stand out , every body knows me for "the bright red firebird" at school(which is a plus and minus at times lol). so to me it is special and valuable.

btw does carfax really work?

Comment

It's best not to know. It might break your heart.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
              It's best not to know. It might break your heart.
              how?

Comment

Probably best to run a Carfax on it and leave it at that. That will tell you how many owners, primary accidents, where its been, and some of the early maintenance. There isn't really a reason to contact previous owners if there isn't anything out of the ordinary on such a common vehicle.
                '99 Camaro
                '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Got to remember that carfax's and stuff arent always accurate. It all depends if the person who did repairs reported it. If the guy drove into a tree and paid for the repairs out of pocket himself, that stuff wont be recorded on there. OR, similarily, if someone hit him and they settled outside of insurance and on a side deal, that won't be included in the report either.

So really, how useful is that info to you? I mean don't get me wrong, when I buy a car I look at the used vehicle package to find out where it's been (You have to legal buy the package anyways), what you really should be worried about is if it was a flooded car, as many of those write-offs have been brought back into the market and sold in other States and in Canada. The other thing is you want to make sure that VIN didn't/wasn't ever a salvage title.

Other than that, consider the rest of the info inaccurate.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                  1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

You can also have an insurance agent run an insurance history report- CLUE report, iirc. That will tell you about any reported accidents that may not have been claimed or show up on a Carfax.

Either way, it's not going to change anything about your car. If someone rubbed a tree and and to replace a fender without reporting it to their insurance, how likely are they to remember or tell another owner about it now?

Most salvage or title changes are going to show up on a Carfax.
                    '99 Camaro
                    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Exactly, and no one is going to report to insurance what they did on the side

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Its worth a carfax if you really want to know. Although theres a couple of accidents on mine I never reported, it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREBIRDV6RAGE View Post
                          how?
                          One man's treasure is another man's junk.

Nobody will treat your car better than you. I've seen what my Fiero looks like after I sold it to this guy and my Mirage and Civic.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X