Saying hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saying hello

Been registered on the site for a while now but never really introduced myself. Mostly because I use tapatalk and upon searching for this forum i didn't find it so I would only come around when I seldomly browse on my computer, but I randomly found this on tapatalk one day so Ive been keeping an eye on everything so i figured its time to say hello!

I have a 2002 Camaro that I purchase last summer. It's a lovely car and very clean. I believe it came from texas and has never seen a winter which is rare to find up here in central NY.

This winter weather is really depressing me as the cars in storage about 30 mins away in an unheated garage with minimal tools so I havent been able to do much to it.

Engine has 89k on it and runs very smooth except for an occasional noisy lifter which i plan to fix if it gets any worse.

Unless I run into engine problems I plan to keep the drivetrain fairly stock. I want it to ride good, look good and sound good. Which means Most of my mods are appearance. I do have the SLP CAI kit along with a K&N filter, and I should be getting a whisperlid from a friend of mine within the month. I also am hoping to get a catback on the car once it warms up a little but before I take it out for the spring. Also plan to upgrade the suspension once funds allow for it.

These pics were pretty much right when i got the car. Unfortunately I didnt take many pics this season but i hope to really get into photography and show my vehicle off this year :)

Appearance wise I have:
    Interior: a LED swap, white gauge overlay with blue glow, white HVAC/Headlight overlay with blue LEDs to match, Auto to Manual shifter adapter with SLP knob. New Pioneer head unit and upgraded speakers, 6.5s in the front doors and 4x8s in the hatch. Purchased a stealth box that I need to get set up soon
    Exterior: Berger panel decal inlays(Black), clear turn signal housing with switchback LEDs, Sypder LED Halo headlights. HIDs in the new projector lowbeams and HIDs in the fogs.

Excuse the hideous wheels that are on it. They came with the car but I have some 17" C5 thin spoke replicas in the garage waiting to be swapped over. Also have a WS6 style hood and the front lips from the gfx package that are going on once the weather permits.

I look forward to chatting with everyone. i will be attending the GM nationals in Carlisle PA, and hopefully G17 but I might not have the car with me

Car looks very nice. Welcome.

Comment

Re: Saying hello

welcome man, nice camaro looks real clean. im in Texas my self and right now it felt good so it was a t-tops off kinda day. but hope you learn allot from here i know i have .:tup:

Comment

You don't know what I'd do to escape this frozen waste land and cruise around in the car with the t tops off :p

but thank you for the welcomes. I'm very active on one of the other v6 forums, I see a lot of familiar names on here :) but I'm glad to be here. i have learned quite a few things already

Comment

Welcome. Just so you know, 6x9s fit in the hatch very well >.> And in the sail panels with some minor modification.

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
            Welcome. Just so you know, 6x9s fit in the hatch very well >.> And in the sail panels with some minor modification.
            Yeah, hatch speakers were buzzing and i got 2 brand new 4x8s from a guy i went to school with for dirt cheap so i just dremeled it and popped some screws in haha. The sail panel speakers really only do bass right?

Comment

If you've got the Monsoon system, yeah. Look for an amp buried above the spare behind that trim piece. If you do, LOSE IT. It's a static box.

Comment

I have checked out the amp in the spare tire area. Kinda intimidates me because Im not too experienced when it comes to car audio, I can hook up a head unit and thats about as far as ive gone.. Seems like a tight space in there and I really dont know what kind of selection there is when it comes to replacing the monsoon amp and what work it would require.

I'm going to be pushing my limits when I go to install my stealth box, should be simple enough to hook up one amp and one 10' sub I imagine.

Comment

Its not really a big deal. Hardest part is running the melee speaker wire. Your headubit would have a harness that has a positive and negative for each corner speaker. Also, with a sub, you won't hear the 6.5" midwoofers in the sail panels. The monsoon amp is a 250w, divided into 6 channels, meaning you get roughly 45w per channel PEAK, while any headunit will give a crisper cleaner ~50w per channel to 4. I'm going to be wiring up a 600w 6 channel when I get my new speakers organized. Lemme know if you need any sound system help man.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibanezz View Post
                    I have checked out the amp in the spare tire area. Kinda intimidates me because Im not too experienced when it comes to car audio, I can hook up a head unit and thats about as far as ive gone.. Seems like a tight space in there and I really dont know what kind of selection there is when it comes to replacing the monsoon amp and what work it would require.

I'm going to be pushing my limits when I go to install my stealth box, should be simple enough to hook up one amp and one 10' sub I imagine.
                    thats what im planing to do i found the fiberglass encyclopedia on here and thats what im going to go off on . its really help full. right now i have 2 12 n they take so much room that there just in the way now:mad:

Comment

I got a great deal on a stealth box from a fellow on ls1 tech.

but @docta any information would be great. I'm not looking for a blow your brains out loud system, just something a little louder than stock. I figure a 10' sub will be more than enough sound than I am looking for. As for speakers, would bass blockers be useful for me whatsoever? Never used them before, but i thought that if I have a sub to supply my lows, than i could use all the car speakers for everything else. is this a good or bad idea? i really have limited knowledge in the audio field.

Comment

Not sure what you mean by bass blocker... dynamat? O.o? But look up a speaker diagram online somewhere, and run wires directly to the speakers in the doors and hatch, it'll sound much cleaner and won't distort at higher volume. With that, and a stealth 10 you should be good for an all-around system. Our cars are VERY acoustic, especially the hatch. If you ever wanna see what a ridiculous system looks/sounds like in a Camaro, I can show you that too xD

Comment

You wire them in before the positive lead on the speaker it blocks out certain Hz so your speakers won't put out low tones. My new speakers already buzz a little if I have a song with a lot of bass and the volume is high. (I listen to rock, not that rap bulls**t. ) that's half the reason I want a louder system and a sub. I play drums and thoroughly enjoy hearing the drums

Edit: not this product exactly but something along these lines http://www.crutchfield.com/p_127BB150A2/Bass-Blockers-150-Hz-cut-off.html?tp=3216
                          If your sub is supplying the bass tones you don't need the other speakers doing it as well.

Also, when I replaces the door speakers I went from the dual voice coil, or whatever its called (the 6.5 and .75tweerter). To just the 6.5 speaker. I have the other wires taped off in door. I've been thinking about making my mirror covers on the a pillar hold a little tweeter. I've seen them premade on a website but they wanted a ridiculous amount of money for 2 small pieces of plastic. I'm thinking of picking up an extra pair at a junkyard and cut a hoke in it. Otherwise I think it would be easy to just run the wires up the door and hook them up. Hardest part would be getting the Damn door panel off and back on in one piece
                          Last edited by Ibanezz; 01-27-2013, 11:06 PM.

Comment

I know the door panels can be a *****... lol. I broke my door handle bezel when I did mine the first time... but those would be 2 way speakers, with a driver and a tweeter. Those cover mids&highs, made for a system with a sub. If you can get components, they come with your bass blockers, or more commonly known as crossovers. Right now, I'm running Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" components in my doors, with 2 sets of Rockford power 6x9s, one set kn sails one set I'm the hatch and a single 12" sub in a Box I made, and it hits close to 145dB. Its insane lol. The tweeters would go just fine in tour door panels, just so you know.

Comment

Welcome to the board.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X