I knew this day would come - Need advice - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I knew this day would come - Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I knew this day would come - Need advice

I've made up my mind to sell my Firebird. It needs a few repairs and I just can't keep up with it.

After 205,000+ miles of very hard daily driving, my Firebird has been remarkably very dependable and durable. But, I can't afford to keep insuring it AND pay for the repairs AND our two sons will be going to college in the next few years = we need every penny we can save.

Today, the starter died out. It also has an oil pump problem and the passenger headlight motor is dying (the driver's side has been replaced and now has a brass gear; I have a brass gear for the passenger side, but have not done the repair). There are miscellaneous other issues and worn-out parts associated with a 13 year old 200K+ mile car.

Soooo....
    - Is there any value in parting out the W68 ground effects? Back in the day, I would read about people wanting to buy those things and they were ridiculously expensive, but presumably not so much anymore.

- What are your suggestions on an offering price? I've taken very good care of the car and it looks very nice.

Thanks for any helpful comments.
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Re: I knew this day would come - Need advice

i have seen the side skirts go for around 200 -300$$ price range and that's in excellent condition, but if your going to part out your bird i would be interested in your honey come tail lights my bird had them switched out for some reason and i got the car with 96 trans am tail lights i believe that's what they are.

Comment

Any college age son would be pretty disappointed to not get his Dad's old firebird. I know I'm bummed that Dad hasn't coughed up his Harley yet :P

Comment

I know a guy who can get you a pretty good deal on a different bird with a lot less miles :)

I'm not totally sure you'd be better off parting it out though...but I could be wrong.

Comment

Keep it and give it to your kid. If it is in as rough shape as you say it is, just keep it.

Not worth the hassle for the 2k you might get for it, teach your kids how to fix it up.
          In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
          2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

I say keep it. If you part it out or sell it you'll end up regretting it.

Besides, let your sons take over and fix it up.

Comment

Pull it off the road, toss it into storage, treat it as a project car. When you have available money to throw at it, do so. Maybe even turn it into a father/son project if your son(s) are interested in it.

Might take 4 years for it to be worked on, maybe more, maybe less. But in the USA prices for cars is cheap, and with problems...especially oil problems that can potentially tank the motor, you won't get much for the car.

Is 2-3k going to help you out that much? probably not, so I'd say store it and work on it when you have the funds that allow you to do so.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X