X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newtown

Just got to say how unreal this all is.

Why?

Because - I graduated from Newtown High - it's the town where my parents have lived for the past 44 years.

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Re: Newtown

Wow, personal connection.

Easy for everyone to jump on the anti-gun bandwagon right now. Can't imagine what the parents of those children are going through...
    In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
    2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

I'm sure the mood over there is surreal.

Comment

When I woke up to this unspeakable act of evil that occurred in here CT I felt numb and everything in life took a backseat only to absorb the atrocity in Newtown.

What the FK, we're proud of a system where it's easier for the mentally ill to get guns and ammo than healthcare here in the USA? No time for gun politics here, glad the shooter Adam Lanza is dead. Condolences to the victims in the 2nd worst school massacre in the USA.
        Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

I saw this at work yesterday. Unbelievable. It's bad enough when it's a shooting and teens/adults die...but an elementary school, kindergarden to grade 4? really? why? that the hell could possibly possess someone to do something like that?

I can't even imagine what it would be like to be one of the parents with a kid at that school, hearing the news, and not knowing if your kid was one of the injured/killed/safe ones.

as for the gun control bit, they're right, right now isn't the time to talk about that stuff. Both sides are going to argue, and out of respect for the families of the indicent, thats the last thing they want to be hearing right now.

I will say this though, guns don't kill, people do. An interesting fact I read on Newtown is that there hasn't been a murder there in a decade. Just something to think about. Also, the guns were registered to the mother, not the killer.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

it’s a matter of time

Comment

I think Morgan Freeman summed it up pretty well.. he said something along the lines of how the blame game is brought on by the media, how the arguments for and against gun control and whatnot, dont mean anything, at least not right now. The best thing for this country is respect, and we as a whole have none. Families are in mourning, and don't want to see news about anything but that. His last point, which really explains the blame on the media, is that now the names of the killers in the most recent incidents are household names, because they were plastered all over every news channel, radio station, and newspaper. Name a victim, from memory. If you can from the CT shooting, try the CO theatre, VATech, Columbine... It's a game to the f'd up people who do it, they see it on the news, and say, I can do better! News channels have RANKED the shootings, as if mass murder isn't as bad when less people die...
              Sorry for the rant, Like plenty of people, there's a personal/family connection with Columbine for me so its a very active topic around here.

Comment

I just hate the fact that inocent people have to be hurt for no reason. If you have enemies and you want to go to the lengths of actually causing physical harm to them, I get that. I don't think it's right, but I atleast get it. Why inocent people that have done you no wrong? Why CHILDREN whom have absolutely no way of defending themselves, let alone even understand what is happening?

Things like this make me question public schooling for my son in a few years, but even if we choose to homeschool him, he's still not safe. Just down the road from me this past summer a family was robbed at gunpoint, this in a relatively safe neighborhood. And what if we go tothe movies? A shopping mall? Is anywhere actually safe anymore? Like stated above, people need to respect others personal lives and belongings. The world we live in makes me sick sometimes. And the media never helps the situation.
                aka FreedStyle
                Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

terrible thing that happened.

Freeman is spot on about it

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
                    I just hate the fact that inocent people have to be hurt for no reason. If you have enemies and you want to go to the lengths of actually causing physical harm to them, I get that. I don't think it's right, but I atleast get it. Why inocent people that have done you no wrong? Why CHILDREN whom have absolutely no way of defending themselves, let alone even understand what is happening?

Things like this make me question public schooling for my son in a few years, but even if we choose to homeschool him, he's still not safe. Just down the road from me this past summer a family was robbed at gunpoint, this in a relatively safe neighborhood. And what if we go tothe movies? A shopping mall? Is anywhere actually safe anymore? Like stated above, people need to respect others personal lives and belongings. The world we live in makes me sick sometimes. And the media never helps the situation.
                    I think Freeman is spot on as well.

The problem here is if you homeschool your kids you're sheltering them from reality. In the end, the same thing can happen at a shopping mall, or anywhere else, and even if it doesn't you can get killed walking across the road and getting hit by a car.

I get where you're coming from though. Hell, if I was a parent of one of the survivors I don't even know if I could send my kid back to that school at all for the next little while.

I do think though that the best thing anyone can do is don't try and shelter kids from what goes on in the world. They need to be aware of the dangers. Yes, I think we should filter things a little, but they need to be brought up to be street smart. That little boy that ran right by the shooter with his friends, that's being smart; that saved his life. His parent in an interview said they always told him, if you ever see a "bad guy" with a gun, run..." That ultimately saved his life and the friends who followed.

This whole event is tragic, and I still can't imagine even being one of the parents, especially since it is so close to xmas, and I am sure most of them as many of you, have their xmas shopping done. Going home and seeing the toys you bought for your little one and coming to the reality and realization that they are infact no longer with you, I fear will cause some to commit suicide.

I really hope the community comes together to support one another.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                      I think Freeman is spot on as well.

The problem here is if you homeschool your kids you're sheltering them from reality.
                      Not really. I know a lot of parents who home school their kids and they are fine and well coordinated. As a matter of fact they are a little bit better intellectually and morally sound.

Of course interaction with other kids would be miss, but I know parents who after home schooling their kids they would take them to participate in after school activities like karate, art classes, music, sports and so on.

No joke, a lot of the kids I knew that got home schooled from pre-K to High School are now going to top colleges. I guess the point is the parents are present and they know exactly what their kids are learning.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                        Hello everyone!
                        by Andy H
                        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • 3.4 slow to go
                        hey there strangers!
                        by 3.4 slow to go
                        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X