To keep, or to sell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To keep, or to sell

Ok, so I'm tossing this in the lounge to get some responses. I know I haven't been super active around here for a year or so. I'll be moving out to Cali after I graduate in May, my 00' bird is in very good shape for the most part, 85k miles. I'm in Florida where laws are lax, will be moving to San Diego where I'll have to smog and pay a use fee. I plan on keeping the bird as of now but I'm looking for input, anyone who has moved to Cali with a car?

Re: To keep, or to sell

I would keep it and try it out in the new state.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Check the smog laws as you said. I know if I were in your shows I would need to sell because my Firebird is not environmentally friendly.

Comment

My 2001 Bird passes with flying colors every 2 years,it just passed again.

The funny thing is my 99 LS1 was cleaner than this V6 when it tested 2 years ago.

You should be fine because our emissions tests are as tough as Cali's.

Comment

Just make sure your cat is in and in good working condition and all your sensors are functional with no SES. You should have no problem passing smog.

Comment

So I just had to get the tcc valve fixed....Maybe thats a good thing? haha I'm looking into either 1-series or a mini cooper hardtop as well.

Comment

Photo of said bird:

Comment

Maple Red Mettalic:)

Some C5 Zo6's and a liitle lowered you would be pimping.

Comment

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post
                  Maple Red Mettalic:)

Some C5 Zo6's and a liitle lowered you would be pimping.
                  It's a battle keeping it stock. Before this I had a 94' camaro that was lowered, on wheels and some other doo dads. The shift kit to fix the tcc valve was the first performance mod I've done on the firebird.

Comment

That's a sexy beast. I would get rid of those mud flaps though.

Comment

Eh, the mudflaps are part of the reason that the paint looks this good after 12 years.

Comment

Y not keep it registered in FL?
                        Jeff ..
                        1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
                        2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
                        1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
                        http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

^^It's actually registered in PA right now, and it is of my understanding that I can't really do that legally.

Comment

So as an update, I've scheduled a couple test drives for the weekend, mini and bmw. Want to check out a BRZ too if its possible. Here is a picture from today, went out with the bird and my buddy's bike:

Comment

I'd strongly caution you to stay away from Mini. I have several friends who have had countless quality issues with the newer Minis. They're notorious for quality issues. BMW make awesome cars.
                              In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                              2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X