Warren Buffett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Buffett

Warren Buffett, in a recent interview with CNBC, offers one of the best quotes about the debt ceiling:

"I could end the deficit in 5 minutes," he told CNBC. "You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election.

The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971 - before computers, e-mail, cell phones, etc.

Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took one (1) year or less to become the law of the land - all because of public pressure.

This is one idea that really should be passed around.

Congressional Reform Act of 2012

1. No Tenure / No Pension.

A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they're out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.

All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.

Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current GOVERNMENT RUN health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 12/1/12.

The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women. Congress made all these contracts for themselves.

Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.

Last edited by FirebirdGT; 11-22-2012, 12:20 PM.
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Re: Warren Buffett

This seems to be ideal. I am sure if we ever did get to the points outlined, it would just snowball again into what it is today. I have little faith in humanity to make informed educated decisions as a whole and even less faith in congress to do anything to better this country. Congress would rather use the other two branches of government to put problems on and play the blame game (same goes for the Court and Presidency). The biggest problem with this plan is the people who actually care about making changes do not have the $$$ to fight the issues. However, if Mr. Buffett wanted to throw some coin in I am sure at least someone's voice will be heard for however long the money lasts. Money is the only form of change in America. Happy Thanksgiving everyone and thank you FirebirdGT for posting this.

Comment

I like it, if only we could do it. Nice post Robert.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

yes, sounds very good but then theycaint even get a budget passed........

However, it doesn't mean that it caint be made to happen on the state level, like term limits
        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
        94 comero 3.4

Comment

I like it.

Comment

I agree totally, I wish gov. here in Cali could be held accountable as well for a messed up budget and failures.

BTW... Warren Buffett got beaten by the Ortega (dip) sauce guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
              BTW... Warren Buffett got beaten by the Ortega (dip) sauce guy.
              LOL - WRONG Ortega!

Amancio Ortega Gaona (born March 28, 1936) is a Spanish fashion executive and founding chairman of the Spanish clothing merchandiser Inditex (1985).

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...6-billion.html

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                LOL - WRONG Ortega!

Amancio Ortega Gaona (born March 28, 1936) is a Spanish fashion executive and founding chairman of the Spanish clothing merchandiser Inditex (1985).

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-1...6-billion.html

Oooppps!!! You're right sir.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X