Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Hi everyone, just thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself.

I've owned a few F-Bodies over the last couple years. Primarily a 91 Camaro RS 5.0, and a 1984 15th Anniversary edition T/A. However, I ended up moving from New Hampshire down to Florida and figured the 9 mile per gallon, non-A/C equipped Trans Am would be a bad idea down south, so I sold it. I kinda figured I would have to give up the F-Bodies for a while because of that, until I stumbled upon my current car. A 2000 Arctic White Firebird Convertible A4. It was pretty bland looking at first, because it was originally owned by an older woman who left it 100% stock, including the Monsoon CD player.

I since then have changed it quite a bit. lol.

As well as appearance mods, most of which are obvious-
    Trans Am Front fascia, Rear bumper, and side skirts (And no, I didn't use a Trans am fascia support to do it. the guy who sold me it didn't give me the original so I made a mounting bracket and re-used the original fog lights, which everyone was saying was impossible. :3 )
    Fabric dyed blue top
    White leather door panels
    Early WS6 rims painted with 'anodize' finish blue paint

I've also gotten a small bit into performance/suspension components so far-

30mm front sway bar with poly bushings
    22mm rear sway bay with poly bushings (From an old 91 T/A)
    Non-adjustable rear lower control arms with greaseable poly bushings
    Aluminum 1LE driveshaft
    Shaved lid/Silencer delete
    Home-made Fast Toys style ram air kit
    Older Y87 steering rack with (soon) rag joint delete plate
    Custom built rear 10" sub enclosure with 800 watt Class D Monoblock amp spliced into factory setup. Hits surprisingly hard for a single 10.

Plus other little things here and there.

Anyhow, I fell in love with this car from day one, and have been yearning to get some real performance out of this 3800, so I started looking for sites and forums and came across this site a while ago while searching for parts. Funny thing is, I never got around to posting. Ever.

Anyhow, thats just about everything I can think of for now. I've been very avid about F-Bodies for as long as I've known how to drive, and plan on getting a lot of life out of this one. I've already put about 30,000 miles on it in about a year and a half. lol It's literally driven across country twice and to Kentucky from Florida twice.

But yeah, I'll definitely be around, and if anyone ever needs help in the south east, give me a pm or message or something. I'm pretty handy with a wrench and like helping out fellow F-Body owners. :)

-Gary
    Last edited by YorsWorld; 11-03-2012, 11:28 PM.

Quite the read haha, welcome aboard.
    I'm not sure about the top but bird is tastefully modded it looks like.
    Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
    1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
    1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
    2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Re: Introduction

It actually looks pretty good in person, though the main reason for the different color is because I'm making a 30th anniversary clone out of it. Planning on going t3/t4 turbo eventually to make it a sort of modern age turbo Trans Am. Lol thats the idea anyhow, we'll see how it pans out. I got pretty big plans for this 3.8, I just need the cash to do it all now.

Comment

welcome man , trust me you will learn alot here ive been here maybe a month i dont remember but it has not been long and learned allot so far:rock: , and nice car i like the blue just makes it diferent and unique . mine looks just like yours but mine has t-tops is red and 100% stock. but real nice car :tup:

Comment

Welcome to the club mang. Good looking brid.
          3M MAFIA
          ________
          | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
          Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
          sigpic

Comment

Lol yeah like I said, I've been a member for months and just completely forgot to post. I've already read oodles of information on the 3800 thanks to this site, and learned a lot of little tricks here and there.

Comment

How did you install the TA side gfx? Drill holes or 3M tape?

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

looks good man. i dig the wheels, gives it that 30th anniversary look.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                Or this

Comment

Very nice car. The only thing i'm not fond of is the blue top. But either way, nice ride.

Comment

Nice car, I would of kept the black top.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                      How did you install the TA side gfx? Drill holes or 3M tape?

I drilled the bottom holes in the underside of the rocker panel and used 3/8 (I believe) plastic pop tabs. The top half is 3M tape, simply because I didn't want to risk missing the spots to line up with those little metal tabs all over. Its been holding up really well so far, been on the car for about 6 months so far with no issues, and is perfectly flush on the rear quarters too.

And yeah, I was going for the 30th Ann. style with the rims and polished aluminum lip, though they're much darker than I originally intended. I have grown to like them this color though and may just get them professionally done that way if I can't find someone to match the blue tint they used from the factory.
                      Last edited by YorsWorld; 11-04-2012, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Nice! I like the wheels.
                        I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                        CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                        FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Welcome. Nice wheels!
                          In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                          2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Nice! Welcome!

Comment

No offense, but I sort of like the bland look.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X