Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro

Hi all. New to the forum. Found this place when I was looking for info on my 98 Camaro. I had an Audi A6 that I traded straight up for this Camaro, mostly due to the low mileage (93K original). The more I dig into it though, the more I find the previous owner did a lot of mods. I knew the wheels had been swapped out for Vette C6 rims, and the previous owner told me the front suspension had been swapped out with a Vette as well, but he didn't tell me much more. I'm looking forward to meeting some cool people and learning a lot about this car. I was previously really active on another forum for another car I had and learned a lot there, hoping to replicate that here.

Last edited by hazmatt24; 10-29-2012, 11:29 AM.

Welcome man, any plans for it?
    Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
    1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
    1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
    2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

Re: Intro

Thanks ACiFiC,
      I need to figure out what's been done to it first lol. Between the kids and wife I haven't had time to dive into is very far. I know there is a manual fan switch installed, which leads me to beleive the previous owner probably did a few other things. The bottom of the air box has been deleted. I think the gears may have been done too. In fact, my step-brother just got a 98 as well, but his doesn't have t-tops. He has 20" wheels on it, so I know that would affect the acceleration, but it's dramatic how different his is to mine, which is why I think the gears may have been done. Mine also sits about 4" lower in the front than his does due to the suspension upgrades. I did order new lights all around for it, which should be here tomorrow. All are black housing (heads, tails, corners) Heads are halo projectors. I'll eventually put HIDs in the projectors. In fact, the car has ballasts in the engine bay but they aren't hooked up, whether or not they are good is another story, I don't have any bulbs to check them out. I'm undecided on a stereo. I've been there, done that with other cars. I'm sure I'll upgrade the deck and speakers, but as to going monster with this car I doubt I will. If I want boom I have a suburban with 1450 watts in it. Plus I don't' think I want to add the weight to this car, I'm fat enough as it is lol

Comment

welcome. looks clean from the pic.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
        http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
        Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
          welcome. looks clean from the pic.
          thanks. It actually needs some paint. The drivers side rear quarter is pretty sun faded. I took the bra off and it wasn't too bad underneath. The bottom is scraped to hell, but that's to be expected with a car this low

Comment

lol yea, lowered cars are a pain like that.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
              lol yea, lowered cars are a pain like that.
              my last "car" was lowered, but I've been driving a lifted Suburban since I sold it so it's taking some getting used to. I have to get back in the mind set I can't just run over everything anymore

Comment

welcome man. nice car , if you dont mind me asking how mutch you pay for it
                ?

Comment

at least with t tops you can prevent decapitation on the even lower ride
                  1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                  2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                  94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by FIREBIRDV6RAGE View Post
                    welcome man. nice car , if you dont mind me asking how mutch you pay for it
                    ?
                    well, I bought an Audi A6 a few months back for like $2300, but then decided I didn't like it, put it on Craigslist and the guy that owned this offered to trade me straight up because he needed 4 doors and an auto for his girlfriend. So, nothing or $2300 depending on how you look at it.

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go View Post
                    at least with t tops you can prevent decapitation on the even lower ride
                    those stay off as much as possible. Its so much nicer getting in and out without the tops on

Comment

Welcome.. enjoy your stay!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X