I got robbed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got robbed

I went to my ATM today to find that my account was locked.

I called customer service and they informed me that I've used all my funds. When I checked out my account activity I found out that over 300 dollars went towards gas.

I told them that I did no such thing and now they are going to investigate this.

Now I can't even use my ATM to actually put gas in my own car. :rant:

Re: I got robbed

That sucks man, hopefully they'll re-credit you

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Wow - That sucks.

I think the security of using cards is only as good as integrity of the people working the transaction.

I like to limit my exposure of my checking account by trying to use cash, or using credit cards and paying them off each month.
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Yes, I do hope that they re-credit me.

Definately a lesson learn. Use more cash than ATM.

Comment

Wow, people these days.
          Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
          1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
          1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
          2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

find out if they will credit you the $$ durring the investigation
            1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
            2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
            94 comero 3.4

Comment

I have had the same thing done twice already, filed a police report and they gave me my credit back. Found out they tried to use my card # to buy plane tickets about $700 worth but they denied them since it was too much. Good luck with it.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Exactly what happened to me last year. Filed a police report and had my case number to take to the bank for investigation. Apparently the hackers successfully withdrew $1800 from my checking account to buy the latest fashion trends and two tickets to Australia from the United Kingdom.

When I asked my bank about this fraudulent activity, they said stuff like this happens quite often and this is one of the reasons why the banking industry is raising fees to cover such incidents. They also credited my account the full $1800 and I'm a happy guy but I have a separate laptop for online purchases. That's a tip from the bank as they reported virused computers are gateways to your personal ID, info etc.

Guess I'm in the wrong job slaving away to make a buck and these hackers can get away with major infusions of cash with a keystroke. Makes me marvel at the hackers affinity to break into secure systems.
                Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

I just had to reset my ebay account password today. Had to call ebay and everything because I had no idea what my secret password answer was anymore.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                    I just had to reset my ebay account password today. Had to call ebay and everything because I had no idea what my secret password answer was anymore.
                    Yeah.... maybe about 5 years ago someone bought a Harley using my account. I was asked to send $4000 has a payment or else I would be sued.

Good times!!!

Comment

Hahaha, how the hell could he expect to pick it up before anyone realized he jacked your account?

I don't even know what they tried to use mine for, I just got this generic email from ebay, blah blah blah, you're account was jacked and you've been credited for funds, blah. They took care of it really quick, the only problem was that I set this account up like 9 years ago and couldn't remember the answers to the questions I set. Had to call them. They definitely outsource their call center. That guy saying Blizzard was pretty funny.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X