My next 15 year daily driver coming real soon to my garage - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My next 15 year daily driver coming real soon to my garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My next 15 year daily driver coming real soon to my garage

So, I'm glad I passed on this local 68' Camaro for 12K, 85% restored!

I was really considering even driving across the country to pick up a restored classic, but

I change my mind and was convinced by my wife to just buy a new car.. So, I have to agree... now, I'm really convinced that I will buy this 2012 Orange Challenger R/T, sick as ****.. told the dealership to add the R/T racing stripes and might have them let me have it for the weekend as they insisted I do, but it was Saturday afternoon and late.. so, I will take them up on the offer for the weekend loaner and come Monday next week, 95% sure I will take it home for under what they ask. I drive a hard bargain and always get my way with 15k down and the threat of walking out after 3 hours of paper work and bull**** talk and haggle..
    I will keep my 97 Ws68 Convertible as it will continue to be part of my family and 6 more years, I will pass it down to my eldest boy.. He was born 1 year after We got Her, so He loves my Brite Red Convertible and does not want me to sell it.. My wife almost convinced me I couldn't have 2 sport cars.. happy I convinced her not to make me sell my Amanda..

Here is my next car, soon very soon.. plus I will require the dealership to throw in the side black R/T racing stripes or no deal..

Re: My next 15 year daily driver coming real soon to my garage

Now, how would I ever sell my 15 year old car to buy a new one.. No way, No How!!

Comment

Comment

Nice, is the R/T new or slightly used?

Comment

That is a nice R/T.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Looks slow!!
            Jeff ..
            1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
            2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
            1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
            http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

nice, don't forget to get the roll cage in back for towing vaults. how big is it in the back seats, compared to the chargers?
              1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
              2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
              94 comero 3.4

Comment

Both look very nice!
                I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

i wish i had the cash to get that .. thats my dream car but i setled for a 200 firebird in red im still happy but those challengers just make me drool:drool:

nice bird too

Comment

Nice DD car. Challengers are the nicest looking modern pony cars.

I N V U !!!

Comment

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post
                      Nice, is the R/T new or slightly used?
                      It's a 2012 with 4,200 miles on it.. A salesmen at the dealer ship bought it and then traded it in after 4k miles for the 4 door Charger. It's still new, just that it is previously owned.. that knocked down 8g's off the price

Originally posted by 1998silverbird View Post
                      Looks slow!!
                      It's the 5.7L HEMI.. I test drove it and it is insanely powerful. It makes you eat your seat when you get on it!! Not slow by any means..

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go View Post
                      nice, don't forget to get the roll cage in back for towing vaults. how big is it in the back seats, compared to the chargers?
                      Both cars, the Challenger and the Charger are 5 occupants friendly.. The only difference is that the Charger has 4 doors and the Challenger looks a hell of a lot more Sporty!!

Seating in the back is very comfortable and there is no need to move the seats forward.. unlike the Camaro SS, which I also test drove.. that car is not as comfortable if you get stuffed in the back seat. The Camaro compared to the Challenger is under par.. You can feel every little bump and pebble on the road surface and the road noise inside the Camaro SS is two fold when compared to the Challenger.. The Charger on the other hand, the road noise is almost no existent.. It's so quiet while driving, that if you turn the radio off... you might get sleepy very quick!!
                      Last edited by Cdr.Instigator; 10-16-2012, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdr.Instigator View Post

Seating in the back is very comfortable and there is no need to move the seats forward.. unlike the Camaro SS, which I also test drove.. that car is not as comfortable if you get stuffed in the back seat. The Camaro compared to the Challenger is under par.. You can feel every little bump and pebble on the road surface and the road noise inside the Camaro SS is two fold when compared to the Challenger.. The Charger on the other hand, the road noise is almost no existent.. It's so quiet while driving, that if you turn the radio off... you might get sleepy very quick!!
                        Challenger is also a boat.... I've driven the SRT, even with the extra power it still feels like a massive car, the Camaro at least feels like a sports car.
                        In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                        2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Originally posted by 1997Canadian3.8 View Post
                          Challenger is also a boat.... I've driven the SRT, even with the extra power it still feels like a massive car, the Camaro at least feels like a sports car.
                          Sometimes you want to be in a boat too. They are very comfortable.

Just like the Impala SS of the late 90's. It was a boat and not as fast, but very comfortable to be in.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                            Sometimes you want to be in a boat too. They are very comfortable.

Just like the Impala SS of the late 90's. It was a boat and not as fast, but very comfortable to be in.
                            I agree 100%, there is no need to be in a sports car 24 hours a day. No one criticizes when someone gets a foreign car for commuting...but get a Challeneger over a Camaro and people start a hissy fit.

I would love to be in that Challenger everyday, they are so comfortable, and viability is not bunker style, like the Camaro.

Good luck with it!!!!!!

Comment

Very sweet ride!
                              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X