Removing Fiberglass in skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Fiberglass in skin

How many of you have cut fiberglass and had it imbedded into your skin?

I'm absolutly loosing my mind right now. I cut some of the fiberglass off the door and I thought that my shirt would protect me from the dust, but apparently it went through a small patch on my stomach and back.

I let it sit about 1 week thinking it would get better, no luck. I've tried taking a hot shower then standing in the ice cold water from the shower for 2-3 minutes, I've tried using tuck tape, I've tried cream, I tried the steam room at the gym to sweat it out....I've tried a combination of all of the above and none of it is working.

There must be some kinda trick to getting this crap out??? I'm about ready to grab the fish fillet knife or a cheese grater

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: Removing Fiberglass in skin

duct tape

Comment

lmao.. I used to have to crawl on top of fedex trailers to tar the seams and the older roofs were fiberglass. My forearms would itch for another 12 hours after that shiz. If it was sticking around for a week I'd go nuts too.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I used to do a/c installation, and between the fiberglass ducting and the flexible duct, i used to get it often. Hot hot hot showers used to do it for me, and a bar of the pumice soap. There may be a bit left over stuck in me but never lasted a week before.
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

anybody hear of using acetone? (nail polish remover). This rash burns like a B*tch during the day on and off to.

I swear when I hop out of the shower I can see little glass particles glistening. I keep tossing tape on it to try and pull it out as I see it to.

Comment

If you can see it, tweasers work on small patches..time consuming, but gives results too.
            aka FreedStyle
            Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
            2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

That's the thing, I've been sitting here with a magnifying glass and tweaers and as fast as I see the bastards they disappear

Comment

fiber glass is evil

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                Or this

Comment

They're little worms. They pop in and out of your skin as they please. Sick dude. You should go to a doctor. With your free healthcare. Or else ye shall recieve thy wrath of thine american ******* whom pays for his!

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                    They're little worms. They pop in and out of your skin as they please. Sick dude. You should go to a doctor. With your free healthcare. Or else ye shall recieve thy wrath of thine american ******* whom pays for his!
                    What the **** is a doctor going to do? Dumbasses going to a doctor over something like this drives up the cost of healthcare.

As already stated, wash clothes, take showers.

I work with carbon fiber dust occasionally which can be just as bad.

Comment

He lives in Canada. Wanna fight about it?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X