Greetings from Baller, farewell from the BallerMaro - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Baller, farewell from the BallerMaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Baller, farewell from the BallerMaro

Hey guys it's been far too long,

Sorry for my abrupt and lengthy absence here on the boards, I've really missed you guys. A lot has changed in my world so I wanted to catch back up to speed here. Different job, different home, lack of home computer access (which is why I havent been on all year), and most importantly...different whip.

As most of you know that knew me while I was really active here, I was already looking at selling the 'maro and starting over. Which I've done, but took a different route for now. In August, I got rid of my jeep AND the camaro together, and picked up this beast:

'07 TBSS AWD 3SS 6.0L
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I started modding this thing from the first night I had it, I never thought I'd love a truck, but it's a monster. Dont worry though, I'll have another f-body for c5/c6 in the near future to play with.

As far as the deal, I got a great offer on the camaro and jeep together, and demodded it as much as I could beforehand, so I will be more than glad to pass along first dibs to my camaro brethren here before attempting to sell outside. I just renewed my supporting membership, so I'll be here around the boards again and helping out however I can. I'll look foward to hearing from you guys, and watch for some sales threads from me, I have all kinds of goodies.

-Baller
    Last edited by BallerMaro13; 09-11-2012, 03:20 PM.
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Re: Greetings from Baller, farewell from the BallerMaro

Nice SUV, I got my 08' with the 6.0l def more HP.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Congrats man. Nice SUV.

Comment

Those things are dirtyyy...careful, big target for being stolen to. I had a buddy who had his stolen twice. First time it was recovered, second time not so lucky

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Glad to hear from you again.

Very nice upgrade there, dude. A worthy replacement of the two previous vehicles, I'd say.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I hope you get better gas mileage than mine, I get like 15 city 18 highway.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Hey bud!!! Glad to have you back! Nice ride by the way, I ran one in the bird (stock form) a while ago and those things can move for as large as they are.

Tell us about the job and home and ****s too.
              Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                I wouldn't be complaining about those numbers if I had a 400 hp V8 SUV. My V8 Jeep is only rated at 235 hp and 14/19 EPA numbers.
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                  Those things are dirtyyy...careful, big target for being stolen to. I had a buddy who had his stolen twice. First time it was recovered, second time not so lucky
                  Agreed, they definitely draw a lot of attention for an SUV. Luckily, I live in a pretty safe town so I'm not worried about it here, but I was just in West Virginia a few nights ago for a buddy's birthday, and routinely left the bar to peek outside and check on the truck for that very reason haha.

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
                  Glad to hear from you again.

Very nice upgrade there, dude. A worthy replacement of the two previous vehicles, I'd say.
                  definitely a worthy upgrade. combines all of the good looks, power, and practicality that i needed all in one :cool:

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                  lol pretty much dead on Steve. I run a lot more city than highway too, so I get about 14.x on average unless I'm strictly highway. After some bolt-ons and a tune, they get better mileage along with a nice power increase, so I'll be uncorking it soon.

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                  Hey bud!!! Glad to have you back! Nice ride by the way, I ran one in the bird (stock form) a while ago and those things can move for as large as they are.

Tell us about the job and home and ****s too.
                  What's up homie! It's good to be back. Are you still on your beefcake mission to be a hoss? haha.

But yeah these grocery getter's haul @ss in a hurry. I'm over on the tbssowners.com forums and they have a street kills section, and these guys are running over everything from mustangs and 370z's to SRT8 challengers and corvettes with little work or just bolt-ons. It's a beast machine for sure. It's faster than my roommates G37 S and just a few bolt on's away from an LS1, so I can't wait to see what I can turn it into with work :D

I'll get you all caught up to speed on the life of Baller here soon haha. I've missed you guys

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
                  I wouldn't be complaining about those numbers if I had a 400 hp V8 SUV. My V8 Jeep is only rated at 235 hp and 14/19 EPA numbers.
                  Amen to that! My jeep got pretty much the same mileage and half the power of this thing. and now i'm not filling up two separate gas tanks as well, so I dont mind burning thru a bit with ease. I will say though, a few quick smacks of the throttle and that gas needle drops like a rock lol. Well worth it tho!
                  pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

Glad to see you found your way back lol. Kinda sad to hear about the car though, but I love the TB SS been wanting one my self for awhile. I'd be interested in the LCAs if you took them off the car.
                    3M MAFIA
                    ________
                    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                    sigpic

Comment

sadly the LCA's were something i couldnt strip because i didn't have my stockers or replacements to put in place. i'll be starting a sales thread soon with pictures and prices for all the things i have left over. a lot of them will actually be brand new things i never installed and everything else is in great condition.

just off the top of my head, here are a few things i'll be posting in due time:

-torsen lsd
                      -3.73 gears
                      -chrome finish rear end cover (new)
                      -1LE sway bars
                      -energy suspension bushings (new)
                      -aluminum driveshaft
                      -professionally tinted led tails
                      -abbott racing header gaskets (new)
                      -stock snowflake 16x8 rims with tires
                      -stock m5 shifter

those are just some things i thought of right away, i'm sure there's more i'll have posted. let me know if there's anything specific you want details on, otherwise, i'll have a thread made hopefully this weekend.

sigpic

Comment

WTF!!!!!! YOU NO TURBO!?! EVER NOW!

****.. I haven't even been driving my turbo'd car at all this year. We're getting old! This is bull****!

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Love the SS. Loved my Envoy, wish I didn't sell it. Hands down one of the best SUVs you can get for the size/room. The SS is a beast. Great looking truck! More pics :bowdown:
                          In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                          2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                            WTF!!!!!! YOU NO TURBO!?! EVER NOW!

****.. I haven't even been driving my turbo'd car at all this year. We're getting old! This is bull****!
                            lol well i promise you whenever i get another fbody/vette to play with, i will force feed it like no other just for you man :D and there's always the ls1 camaro that i play with when i go visit my folks...when i stripped down this one i transferred a few goodies over to it, so it may become a side project car eventually. besides, my truck with bolt ons will be faster than a 3.8 with a turbo for less cash. already runs 13's as it sits :naughty:

Originally posted by 1997Canadian3.8 View Post
                            Love the SS. Loved my Envoy, wish I didn't sell it. Hands down one of the best SUVs you can get for the size/room. The SS is a beast. Great looking truck! More pics :bowdown:
                            why thank you kind sir, and definitely agreed. i can't even keep track of how many times the statement, "i love this damn truck" has flew out of my mouth since i bought it haha. i'll start another thread under the "other rides" section so i can whore out the truck appropriately
                            Last edited by BallerMaro13; 09-14-2012, 01:51 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Haha, it is a nice truck. I'm jealous cause I really want some kind of larger practical vehicle. The F-bods are cool and all.. But having a house and getting **** done sucks with them.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X