Finally hit 30!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally hit 30!

Victory! I just installed new spark plugs wires, and a whisper lid.

I achieved 30.1mpg @65mph!!!!! :excited:

I have been trying to hit that number since I got the car in January 2010.

I am satisfied now.

Re: Finally hit 30!

Huh... I get 32-33 at 85mph..

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
      I do not know how you achieved that. I tried really hard to get that number. Easy breaking, neutral towards stops, etc.

Comment

Yeah...I never see that happening.
        Last edited by flamingchicken; 08-31-2012, 08:44 PM.
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

I think I only measured MPGs twice in my Camaro. Once at an ave. speed of 90mph through the mountains @ 26.5mpg and once with about 75% highway at 29.5mpg.

30mpg @ 65mph sounds about right for an in-shape engine. I don't buy 33 @ 85 unless it was 3.08s with 100% highway and a tail-wind.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
            I think I only measured MPGs twice in my Camaro. Once at an ave. speed of 90mph through the mountains @ 26.5mpg and once with about 75% highway at 29.5mpg.

30mpg @ 65mph sounds about right for an in-shape engine. I don't buy 33 @ 85 unless it was 3.08s with 100% highway and a tail-wind.

I agree...but I did have a friend say he got 33-34 @75...but he couldn't tell me what he did special other than cat back and intake.

Comment

Here, I'll just be blunt.....

BULL****.

Stop lying, you do it often. Just be yourself and you make friends.
              1995 Pontiac Firebird
              2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

For a minute there I thought you meant YOU hit 30!!! :D

On my trip to Vegas non-stop and steady at 65mph, where everybody else was going 85mph, I calculated 31mph on mine with Borla, Random Highflow Cat, Taylor wires, NGK plugs, K&N Filter, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air kit.

Comment

Well I was driving from Colorado to California, so completely downhill. I don't remember wind or anything like that. I know that I got 540 miles out of a tank. Call me a liar all you like, doesn't change that it happened. Car has 3.23 gears 5 speed. This was last year, I drove to Albuquerque a few weeks ago and got 28.
                  Last edited by Docta; 09-01-2012, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I thought you were happy you hit 30 posts or lived long enough to reach an age of 30 years old. I have never measured my mpg. I just put 20-30 bucks in it a week and try to stay home.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I got a best of 28 at 70 mph, 5 speed and 3.42. On my way across texas. Filled up a lil above half a tank with 245 miles.
                      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

My 3400 in my Grand Am regularly reaches 30 mpg.. once hit 34 on a trip. **** you Camry.
                        1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

I recall hypermiling the 3.8L at 50 mph and coasting in neutral when going down hills in the Connecticut Valley and highways. I did the math twice and came up with a 30-something figure in the summertime only. It was the new tires and gasoline blend that helps with the decent mpg figures.

I am close to 354,000 and averaging 27 -29 mpg lately because my commute is loaded with awful construction delays and thick traffic that works me up so bad that I have to speed past these morons in the fast lane. :rant:
                          Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Originally posted by 96RS Alex View Post
                            I recall hypermiling the 3.8L at 50 mph and coasting in neutral when going down hills in the Connecticut Valley and highways. I did the math twice and came up with a 30-something figure in the summertime only. It was the new tires and gasoline blend that helps with the decent mpg figures.

I am close to 354,000 and averaging 27 -29 mpg lately because my commute is loaded with awful construction delays and thick traffic that works me up so bad that I have to speed past these morons in the fast lane. :rant:
                            I know what you are talking about, I live close to Danbury, so I venture into CT often. At least neither of us use 287 near white plains, that has been under construction for 50 years.

Comment

Originally posted by KJZ28 View Post
                              I do not know how you achieved that. I tried really hard to get that number. Easy breaking, neutral towards stops, etc.
                              neutral towards stops actually uses more gas than coasting in gear

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X