user title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• user title

hey since i dont know who to pm can i get mine changed to either looking for 11's or looking for 8's

11's are obviously for my v6 car
    8's would be for my twin turbo iroc

thanks

Re: user title

Post more. The titles are based on basically post count.
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

ahh thanks when i saw the looking for whatever titles i figured they were based on what somones car has run lol

Comment

How's the root blower coming along on that V6?

Btw answering my question will help bring you closer to user title change.

Comment

its comming along ive been doing a 3d drawing of the adapter plate to figure out all the measurements, hopefully ill have it done nexct week so i can start cutting some 1/4inch thick aluminum plate and start fabbing it.

my biggest problem is i dont have a tig machine that can weld 1/4inch aluminum so i have to find somone who can weld it up for me, i have a mig that can do aluminim to tack it all up but thats it.

if i threw the adapter in the oven after i tack it i could prolly weld it up with the mig but mig welded aluminum looks like ***

Comment

Apparently I'm looking for 13's.
            I\'m so used to doing so much with so little, I can do anything with everything!

Comment

Originally posted by project89 View Post
              mig welded aluminum looks like ***

Do you change the liner in your MIG gun to an aluminum liner? My MIG runs aluminum wire with great results. You do have to move about twice the speed you would if welding steel.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
                Do you change the liner in your MIG gun to an aluminum liner? My MIG runs aluminum wire with great results. You do have to move about twice the speed you would if welding steel.
                i have a spool gun used for aluminum only, im a welder/machinest by trade so mig welds just dont look as good to me as tig welds

mig just dont come out this nice this is an intake i used to produce for the 60* v6 guys

Comment

heres another emample though the pics kinda suck this was a self cointianed meth injection system i made using a high presure intake fuel pump , with a 1 gallon tank
                  the pump hanger had a bolt together clamp to hold the fuel pump and the whole assembly bolted down to the top of the tank with a gasket and was leak proof . the vent tube and the meth line ran up threw the top of the hanger assembly much like the fuel pump hanger in a regular gas tank , the black screw on top i cut out of a damaged fuel tank from the dragster so the weld on that is kinda ugly looking

Last edited by project89; 08-18-2012, 11:15 PM.

Comment

You need to get a Cheeseburger in Paradise.
                    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X