so i just noticed..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: so i just noticed..

I think it is the Firebird guys more than the Comero folks who tend to post more...
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
      I just noticed typing in www.firebirdv6.com no longer works...I thought we lost the site for a bit lol
      Hey, it is working again!

Comment

Originally posted by Everglades W68 View Post
        Hey, it is working again!
        not for me

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

must be a canadadadadadadaladeeda thing lol

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
            must be a canadadadadadadaladeeda thing lol
            Is Canada still on dial-up modems?

Comment

you know whats sad about all this though? this place is so dead anymore that even the lounge area only shows 7 recent threads.

its been a while since ive pissed and moaned about it, but goddamn it man, this place should be booming right now. yet here it is, a proverbial ghost town thats sinking like the titanic and eroding away into nothing.

id love to take this place over, tear the walls out and get this place hopping again. i know i could have this place headed back in the right direction within a month if not less. i dont know why steve holds on to it at this point, its clear he has other priorities so why not turn it over to someone who's got the time and vision to take this place to where it needs to be?

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
              Or this

Comment

case and point 14 forums have moderators.... that havent been seen or heard of ranging from a year to 4 years now.

Follow me!
                Or this

Comment

This forum has needed attention for the last 5 or so years. I think there has only been one board update in the 6 years I've been here, and it was a pretty minor one.
                  sigpic
                  1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                  1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                  --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                    you know whats sad about all this though? this place is so dead anymore that even the lounge area only shows 7 recent threads.

its been a while since ive pissed and moaned about it, but goddamn it man, this place should be booming right now. yet here it is, a proverbial ghost town thats sinking like the titanic and eroding away into nothing.

id love to take this place over, tear the walls out and get this place hopping again. i know i could have this place headed back in the right direction within a month if not less. i dont know why steve holds on to it at this point, its clear he has other priorities so why not turn it over to someone who's got the time and vision to take this place to where it needs to be?
                    I'd just give up. The physical server this site is on will rot to dust before there's an update. It's funny though because little attention is given to it, and the actual vBulletin software has issues with new members from time to time. Only time I seen any action was when the server crashed, and the site went offline a couple years ago. Other than that, nada.

It's a perpetuating attitude. I'll admit after 11 years of it, its gotten to the point that I don't care anymore. Other than the occasional spammer, I don't really care. Giving a **** takes effort, one many of us have put in over time, but leadership reflects, and eventually you just stop caring.

This place died a long time ago. The pioneers are gone, the car is dead, there's less about major builds and more about just trying to keep these things on the road. Just take it for what it is, prideful men who'd rather watch it burn than put in the honest effort to fix it
                    1995 Pontiac Firebird
                    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Had to.. Where's my pony?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
                        This place died a long time ago. The pioneers are gone, the car is dead...
                        I gotta disagree; Maybe the hype and excitement we had for the 4th Gens is gone, but there is a whole new generation of tinkerers waiting to get their hands on good used 5th Gen cars. I think in a couple of years you'll see the aftermarket develop for the V6 5th Gen and (if this place can stay halfway up-to-date) things will pick back up again.

The 8 year hiatus was a real kick in the nuts to this site.
                        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Originally posted by sac2165 View Post
                          I gotta disagree; Maybe the hype and excitement we had for the 4th Gens is gone, but there is a whole new generation of tinkerers waiting to get their hands on good used 5th Gen cars. I think in a couple of years you'll see the aftermarket develop for the V6 5th Gen and (if this place can stay halfway up-to-date) things will pick back up again.

The 8 year hiatus was a real kick in the nuts to this site.
                          Robert has 0 interest, motivation, or love for the 5th gen. That half of the site will never see any part of a 5th gen. Firebirdv6.com will remain a 4th gen site so long as he owns that domain.

The only updating he will do will remain geared towards the 4th gen car.
                          1995 Pontiac Firebird
                          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Even FTV6 is dead these days. Everything is dieing out, it's a dieing breed. People would rather take the easy way out and put in a v8 than actually properly mod their cars.

Just look at the for sale section...how many supercharger kits and turbo kits that were like 1200$ sit there for weeeeks?? Those are theft prices considering the kits were $5000 brand new, and no one is/was jumping on them.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

:( sad
                              Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                              nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                              2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                              2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

11 years ago this place WAS the place to be with a V6 f-body. The excitement of the 4th gen is gone. It's sad. :(
                                1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X