This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new job

starting out my electrition job tommorow,i am going to try to get into the apprentaship program so i can work and go to school at the same time but i will be starting out as a cw-1 green and hopefully work my way up to the big bucks.im doing this threw the ibew.

and the best part im going to be making $11.15 an hour so ima be buying some stuff for camaro soon because it will all be saved since ima be working 58 hours a week

Re: new job

Congrats. Good luck to you.

Comment

congrats and don't get fried, I get to deal with some good ole wiring myself but on aircraft

Comment

As a Communications card myself in Chicago, I have to say that I don't approve of CW/CEs. That being said, you'd better earn it. Best advise I can give is grab a notebook, write everything down, keep your ****ing mouth shut, and bring your tools.
        1995 Pontiac Firebird
        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

I vote don't keep your mouth shut and ask smart questions.

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT View Post
            I vote don't keep your mouth shut and ask smart questions.
            Good luck with that. No one will answer a CW apprentice questions. He's going to have it rough, considering rank and file fought hard to keep CW/CEs from even existing. His classification is the result of the IBEW answering NECAs request for a cheaper electrical laborer, basically someone to carry pipe and pull wire while the JCs do the complex and more dangerous work like installing live service and building switchgear. I know now that 99% of the JCs nationally are going to give him bits and piece info, of it's even right info to begin with. He'll learn more from Observation than he ever will asking questions, simply because the JCs don't want him there.

Basically, a $22 an hour CW/CE is taking away work from a $35 an hour JC, and the JCs aren't happy with that. I myself am a CJC, so I don't have to worry about it, but the JCs here in Chicago have succeeded in keeping CW/CEs from coming to Cook Cty.
            1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
              Good luck with that. No one will answer a CW apprentice questions. He's going to have it rough, considering rank and file fought hard to keep CW/CEs from even existing. His classification is the result of the IBEW answering NECAs request for a cheaper electrical laborer, basically someone to carry pipe and pull wire while the JCs do the complex and more dangerous work like installing live service and building switchgear. I know now that 99% of the JCs nationally are going to give him bits and piece info, of it's even right info to begin with. He'll learn more from Observation than he ever will asking questions, simply because the JCs don't want him there.

Basically, a $22 an hour CW/CE is taking away work from a $35 an hour JC, and the JCs aren't happy with that. I myself am a CJC, so I don't have to worry about it, but the JCs here in Chicago have succeeded in keeping CW/CEs from coming to Cook Cty.

Oh typical Union Bull****....

In that case I suggest moving states and go somewhere else where you don't deal with that bull****.

Comment

You could always trim trees around the power lines for the same union and probably make better $ too.
                1997 Chevrolet Camaro
                L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

well im new to all this union stuff so everything that has beensaid was like a different language to me

Comment

Originally posted by DAS BOOT View Post
                    Oh typical Union Bull****....

In that case I suggest moving states and go somewhere else where you don't deal with that bull****.
                    I actually take it seriously. There's too many legit electricians out of work now, there's no need for this classification. And considering I more than likely make more than you Eric, I think this "union bull****" might be worth considering.
                    1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Of course they're out of work. Four people standing around talking and doing nothing while the one with less seniority is doing all the work. I'm glad I don't work for any union anymore. All that crap I put up with.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                        Of course they're out of work. Four people standing around talking and doing nothing while the one with less seniority is doing all the work. I'm glad I don't work for any union anymore. All that crap I put up with.
                        That is a complete and stupid lie. Ive been doing this for almost 7 years now, and I never see anyone just standing around doing nothing. Where that **** comes from is beyond me. Its aggravating to hear from people on the outside who have no idea wtf they're talking about try to tell others about how a unions inner circles work from day to day. God knows I don't talk about bodybuilding and weightlifting everyday to people, not sure how you get away talking about trade unions......:rolleyes:
                        1995 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
                          keep your ****ing mouth shut, and bring your tools.
                          Is that necessary?
                          Wait, Is that a V6 or V8?
                          1990 Chevrolet C-K 1500 series 4.3L .. 5spd
                          1994 JDM Euno Roadster 1.8L 5spd Bolt Ons.. etc
                          2000 Camaro 3.8L Auto Bolt Ons..etc

Comment

well i am going to be doing alot of grunt work for now and build my way up i am going to be doing almost no electrition work for a little wile

Comment

and i dont see the reason why there is a fuss starting over this,you have to start somewhere to get somewhere so there is nothing wrong with these classifications because i am sure a 20+ year electrition will not wont to be doing grunt work

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X