My Camaro's replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Camaro's replacement.

I originally had plans to pick up a 93 300ZX non turbo with T-Tops in San Diego until the owner who was a young guy and did a huge burnout in the parking lot after leaving the appointment with me and I was like so much for that deal..

I continued my search in Los Angeles and came across a very nice Pontiac Fiero GT with only 91k on it and elderly owned since 1989. It was originally listed for 3500 but I talked the owner down to 3 even and at that point I knew it was mine

Next to the owners grand son's Z28

The interior is basically brand new in better condition than my camaro was when I bought it. My only complain so far is the 3 speed auto which makes it slow but it ain't bad. I originally planned to build a kit car but I think I'm gonna keep this one a Fiero, sure its got a silly hood scoop, Grand Am wing and a neon glass front license plate holder but can't complain.

My plans are to get aftermarket wheels when its time to do tires maybe something wider, rework the suspension, brakes and eventially when that 2.8 has had enough swap in a 3800 SC with an F40 Tranny. Get Recardo seats put in with racing belts and maybe rework the paint or plastidip it in flat white

Overall I'm very happy with the car knowing I drove from Los Angeles back to San Diego on the freeway without a problem at all. In fact I felt more confident driving it on highways than I did in my Camaro were it felt so off. For now it will be my daily driver until I get me a beater car which will be next on my ajenda

Re: My Camaro's replacement.

The 3800SC swap sounds fun,I have seen LT1,3.8TC,and LS swaps up this way at shows.

What year is it?

Comment

Lucky! I've been looking for a fiero for a little bit more of a year now. Their awesome cars

Comment

Originally posted by VF1Skullangel View Post
        I originally planned to build a kit car but I think I'm gonna keep this one a Fiero, sure its got a silly hood scoop, Grand Am wing ......
        Interested in a real GT wing?

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Congrats on that Fiero. Definately get rid of that spoiler and get the OEM one and that Pep Boy's hood scoop out.

3-speed is horrible. That's what I had. It's fast from 0-50 but after that it becomes anemic. You're going to be at 3k rpm when going 65mph on the fwy and it sucks gas like crazy.

There's always a Fiero meet in San Diego. Lots of good guys there to help you out and give you pointers on where to buy your swaps.

Comment

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post
            The 3800SC swap sounds fun,I have seen LT1,3.8TC,and LS swaps up this way at shows.

What year is it?
            Id never do a V8 swap. They seem to be super slow and can't put the power down like a V6 would. I've gotta find a way to by pass the smog testing cause out here they will bust you for swapping anything and it has to basically be certified in california which is why you'll see lots of ricers rolling around here with body kits but no go under the hood. lol but i'm sure there's a way to make it happen legally, i just gotta find a way to make it happen.

Its an 86.

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
            Interested in a real GT wing?

Ill shoot ya a message in a few months. right now i'm low in cash cause i'm moving once again and socal is freakishly expensive to live here. But yeah interested when I get back on my feet :)

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
            Congrats on that Fiero. Definately get rid of that spoiler and get the OEM one and that Pep Boy's hood scoop out.

3-speed is horrible. That's what I had. It's fast from 0-50 but after that it becomes anemic. You're going to be at 3k rpm when going 65mph on the fwy and it sucks gas like crazy.

There's always a Fiero meet in San Diego. Lots of good guys there to help you out and give you pointers on where to buy your swaps.
            Yeah that scoop is goofy looking but for the moment the dumber the car looks the less likely someone will tamper with it living in the downtown area... It will be removed shortly and sold to some ricer.

I'm still debating on the spoiler cause it looks like an early 90's Diablo and I sort of like it but donno yet.

Yeah the 3 speed is awful, it doesn't pull hard at all other than the gas. lol I drove it to San Marcos today and back to San Diego and I had to fill it up again. so ill be avoiding the highways for a littlewhile. But in regular 40mph traffic its perfect. Ill be swapping it for something better but for now i'm gonna leave it alone.

I look foward to meeting up with the guys in San Diego soon.
            Last edited by VF1Skullangel; 07-28-2012, 05:20 PM.

Comment

I love Fieros, I would love to do a L67 Fiero GT

Comment

Good motor in those cars. There's so many combination of parts you can do with the 60 degree v6. Check out 60degreev6.com, lots on info on those engines. Personally I'd do a boosted cammed 3500 swap. :)
                1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

So, has your idle started fluctuating yet?

Just want to let you know that's pretty typical for Fieros.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that "hood scoop" is just a plastic shell from auto zone stuck on with some double sided tape. I'm sure you (And I would recommend trying) get that turd off of there.
                    I\'m so used to doing so much with so little, I can do anything with everything!

Comment

I ordered one in 1985 from the dealer. I ordered it with a sunroom. A month later it came without it. I refused to pay and turned around and when to the Toyota Dealer
                      bought an MR2 for list and it was the best car I have ever owned...Drove it to 110K
                      miles. drove it between San Juan Cap and Lake Elsinore at speed on the winding
                      highway thru the mountains. Loved it. Pontiac did not do their homework. Some of the later Fiero's caught fire in the engine compartment.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmHarbor View Post
                        Pontiac did not do their homework. Some of the later Fiero's caught fire in the engine compartment.
                        Actually, only the '84's caught on fire. This happened because they built the Fieros from leftover parts bins and they did it in a rush because they wanted to get it out there. The rest of the years were good. The best Fiero was in 1988 when GM finally fine tune the suspensions that originated from a Lotus. They also ditched the 3 speed and gave it an almost bullet proof 5 speed.

MR2's were pretty much of a ripoff of Fieros, especially the 2nd gen. Fiero though were heavier than MR2's because it was constructed with 234 steele pieces, so it was way safer than an MR2.

Don't get me wrong. I love MR2's too and I wouldn't mine owning the 2nd gen someday.

Comment

Fiero!
                          I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                          CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                          FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X