hp goal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hp goal question

okay i have been thinking about what i would wont to do forced induction wise and with my thoughts i figure i would like to supercharge hope it comes with gauges and all,longtube headers,t56 swap,high flow cat,xp hot cam,push rods,lifters,springs,double timeing chain,l26 long block,fuel pump,high flow fuel filter,injectors, hp tune or dyno.

would it be hard to get this set up to make 400 rwhp and what parts would i need to go with everything to make sure my engine would have a long life.

Re: hp goal question

Should be fine with that.. I was making 313 rwhp on a bone stock 3.8 with a 125 shot of N20, and then 370 rwhp on a built 3.8 with head and cam on a 125 shot..
    Jeff ..
    1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
    2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
    1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
    http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Originally posted by 1998silverbird View Post
      Should be fine with that.. I was making 313 rwhp on a bone stock 3.8 with a 125 shot of N20, and then 370 rwhp on a built 3.8 with head and cam on a 125 shot..
      okay sweet and dang i bet you put alot of guys with v8s to shame with that 370 horse v6

Comment

You can still have a safe 400rwhp on a stock l36 v6. As long as you're properly tuned.

Comment

what would i run in 1/4 mile makeing 400hp

Comment

That really depends on a TON of different factors. I've seen 400hp run anywhere 11-14 seconds. Gear, trans, driving ability, track conditions, DA, tires, etc...

Comment

I did surprise alot of people with my car. I still had a stock tune. there was no HP tuners out for the V6's yet when I did my motor. If I could have raised the rev limiter up to 6500 rpms were the cam I had would have made its peak power I bet I would have been over 400 easy. Hell my A/F ratio was in the low 10's on the bottle which is pig rich.

The thing I did not do whas build the 5 speed and put a built rear end in the car. Once I started to spray the car I broke 2 t5's and 3 rear ends. Making that amount of power is great but if you are wanting to run a good 1/4 miles time I would start with a 12 bolt, built tranny, Suspension, then build the motor. If you cant cut a 1.8 60' or better with the power you make now then you will not be able to when you are making over 400 hp. I built a bad a$$ motor but everytime I took it to the track and launched hard something broke. Everytime a tranny or rear broke the car was down for at least 2 weeks and I got sick of not being able to drive it and still having to pay a car payment on it..
              Last edited by 1998silverbird; 07-24-2012, 10:34 AM.
              Jeff ..

Comment

so if i did a t56 swap and i have the 10 bolt with posi, could they handle the power and your saying i should get around a 1.8 60' with a mostly stock y87 5speed except for magna cat back and k&n filter

Comment

and i realy wanna save up about 14k and just upgrade all of the suspention,supercharge and do all the supporting mods plus exhaust and cam with roll cage and raceing seats. but i can do it in pieces like the suspension is like 5k then the engine and all is like 6k then like 2k for interior spread out it will not seem like much

i wont it to be fast on the drag strip and the track to
                  Last edited by 3.8lcoty; 07-24-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1998silverbird View Post
                    I did surprise alot of people with my car. I still had a stock tune. there was no HP tuners out for the V6's yet when I did my motor. If I could have raised the rev limiter up to 6500 rpms were the cam I had would have made its peak power I bet I would have been over 400 easy. Hell my A/F ratio was in the low 10's on the bottle which is pig rich.

The thing I did not do whas build the 5 speed and put a built rear end in the car. Once I started to spray the car I broke 2 t5's and 3 rear ends. Making that amount of power is great but if you are wanting to run a good 1/4 miles time I would start with a 12 bolt, built tranny, Suspension, then build the motor. If you cant cut a 1.8 60' or better with the power you make now then you will not be able to when you are making over 400 hp. I built a bad a$$ motor but everytime I took it to the track and launched hard something broke. Everytime a tranny or rear broke the car was down for at least 2 weeks and I got sick of not being able to drive it and still having to pay a car payment on it..
                    Yeah, a lot of guys on the juice and force induction had the same problem as you. Breaking tranny and rear on a high hp. I haven't heard anyone say that their motor broke on 400rwhp. I think it took like 500rwhp to finally break the piston rings on the L36, which was what happened to Viper and Linx.

I wish people like you kept your V6 and continued to break grounds with it. I wish I have a spare income and a spare V6 to do that myself. My 3.8 only has 33k miles on it and it's immaculate and I'm trying to keep the 2.8 from breaking on me.

It's good though that for now we have a 3.1 V6 that will soon break grounds by being in the 12 sec. range. I'm pretty sure his stock motor is putting down close to 300rwhp.

Comment

I wouldnt worry about a Cage or racing harness.. Here is a list of mods I would do if I were you and after you get your car running and have track time you will know if you need a cage or not.. Think Stefan, one of the founders of this board had a roll cage in his firebird that had a Procharger in it. The car made a little over 300 rwhp. He could have spent that 500-800 on something else!!

T56 swap!! ( It could handle the power) or a G-force 5 speed tranny ( at least thats who built them when I was in the game)
                      12 bolt with 4.10's
                      Lower control arms, Tq arm, Subframe Connectors, Pan hard bar.
                      Tubular K-member
                      Aluminum Driveshaft
                      Headers, LS1 style y-pipe
                      Forged 3.8 with ported heads, blower cam, and port matched intake
                      Supercharger
                      Tune
                      Upgrade fuel system for Charger
                      High flow oil pump
                      Valve springs, retainers, Valves, pushrods, lifters..

A 10 bolt will hold up for a while but as soon as you put a drag radial on it and take it to the track its gonna break. When I built my 3.8 motor I had Diamond coated and forged pistons, L32 rods, forged custom crank. I used Arp bolts on everything. think I spent like 500.00 on bolts alone.. I would do ARP rod bolts, ARP Main cap bolts, and ARP head bolts.. Everything else I would just use stock. Thats what I did with my 383 LS1 motor in my T/a and it makes 480 rwhp and has been running for almost 2 yrs now without issues..

I miss my V6 firebird. Wish I would have never sold it. didnt realize how rare it was to have a V6 that could hang or beat alot of Heads, cam LS1 cars!!
                      Last edited by 1998silverbird; 07-24-2012, 02:03 PM.
                      Jeff ..

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                        Yeah, a lot of guys on the juice and force induction had the same problem as you. Breaking tranny and rear on a high hp. I haven't heard anyone say that their motor broke on 400rwhp. I think it took like 500rwhp to finally break the piston rings on the L36, which was what happened to Viper and Linx.

I wish people like you kept your V6 and continued to break grounds with it. I wish I have a spare income and a spare V6 to do that myself. My 3.8 only has 33k miles on it and it's immaculate and I'm trying to keep the 2.8 from breaking on me.

It's good though that for now we have a 3.1 V6 that will soon break grounds by being in the 12 sec. range. I'm pretty sure his stock motor is putting down close to 300rwhp.

I felt the same way when I did my motor. People like Magnus, 12SecondV6, Virus were getting out of the V6 game and moving on and I was just getting into the heavy mods. Hell I bought Magnus's Heads and cam and used them in my 3.8..
                        Jeff ..

Comment

thanks so much man for the help i am going to keep this tread subscribed and use your list of parts for what i will get.

Comment

No problem just make sure the tune is last on the list if you plan on doing everything @ once.
                            Jeff ..

Comment

well if i can get a good job and save it should be all about the same time but i think i found an import shop who will dyno tune my camaro right near me,i tryed to ask hawks 3rd gen which is close to me if they could and they said the couldnt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X