twin charged camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twin charged camaro

okay so after watching this video i was thinking if you could do this to a 3.8 camaro like do the m90 or powerdyne with a turbo and push like 400hp, when i think about it you could do the sc and run a bigger turbo than you would do on just a turbo set up because the sc would get you up to speed quick then when its to its peak the turbo will be spooled up and you will just be gone like a rocket???

1978 lotus formula 1 car=2.8lb per 1hp
    twin charged lotus in video=2.7lb per 1hp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmscSzFurwg

Re: twin charged camaro

no need for that with todays turbo tech.
    a properly sized turbo will spool up fast and not choke at high rpms

Comment

From what I've read it's a tuning nightmare to twin charge, it would be awesome though

Comment

Haha it would be sick just to say you have a twin charged car
        Last edited by 3.8lcoty; 07-21-2012, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Pretty cool for a 1.8 L.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

good luck trying to fit all the piping and **** under the hood of a fbody

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

Also gotta take into consideration the fact that if you had both, they would both be boosting at the same time. So you'd almost have to run one on barely ANY boost, and have the other make up for it. You'd have the so much pressure inside say an M90 I doubt it would be able to handle it.

Comment

It's been done on gtp's.....

Comment

400+ hp doesn't need twin charged to be done. A turbo setup can get that
                  http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                    400+ hp doesn't need twin charged to be done. A turbo setup can get that

i know but it would be cool

Comment

There is some problems with twincharging, not just tuning but the concept of it.

The factory detroit diesels that were twin charched, (turbo into supercharger) would wear the back sides of the SC drive gears, boost was pushing the SC and transfering power to the engine VIA the crank.

I would expect that you would encounter the same issue with a twincharged 3800. Its not like the belt drive on a M90 is all that great anyways, and would more than likely slip. Only way to solve it would be a small turbo and a big supercharger, which would result in the turbo being essentially a throttle.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                        Hello everyone!
                        by Andy H
                        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                        3 weeks ago
                      • 3.4 slow to go
                        hey there strangers!
                        by 3.4 slow to go
                        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X