Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good deal?

http://lascruces.en.craigslist.org/cto/2997006910.html

I am in the market for an LS1 car, cheap and fast. What do you guys think?
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Re: Is this a good deal?

I'f you have the knowledge to rebuild the trans it's a good deal. Getting the trans out of F-body isn't the most fun job but can be done in a day.
    1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Think you could do better there is one just like that near me for $4000 with a bit more miles but it's in great shape.

Comment

Looks pretty good with some maintance done to it.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

The only bothersome thing is the trans... that bumper should buff clean, rotors are an hour, and TT2s suck anyway. Lol. I'd buy it but for closer to 4 since the trans.

Comment

I remember when I did my Pro 5.0 shifter on my T56 that I had the screws that help prevent over shifting stuck to far down and my car would bump out of 3rd gear. It was a simple turn of a bolt that solved that problem.. Might be something worth checking out before doing a rebuild..
            Jeff ..
            1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
            2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
            1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
            http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Very well could be a smaller issue, I am just thinking worst case. I was looking on ls1tech to see what ls1 cars are going for and they arent cheap. There is an auto car on there for $4500, thats kinda close to me, but i would really love a 6 speed car.
              Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

LoL an m6 can be dropped and replaced in 3 hours or less. Ive done it. Not that hard I don't know if that guy up there ^ has never done it or isn't mechanically inclined but it isn't hard. Change clutch, slave cylinder and throwout bearing, and pilot bearing too if hou jump on it.

Also I leave my top bolt of the bellhousing out. Its a pita to get to and functions just fine in its absence.
                Last edited by unvmyrs; 05-08-2012, 06:16 PM.
                #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

R&r is no issue for me, i had the auto tranny out of my bird in four hours. I just want to know if it is a bad tranny if $4700 is too much,
                  Team NoVa

Comment

Why dont you offer him less?

Comment

Removal isnt the issue its the price to rebuild it or get another. Since the tranny is out might as well put a new clutch in it.

Put a LSX drivetrain in ur car if you want one so bad..
                      Jeff ..
                      1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
                      2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
                      1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
                      http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

People want upwards of 4 grand for just the drivetrain out of an LSx car. And a salvaged car is $3000 from what I am seeing. It just seems easier to buy a cheap running car.

I am not worried about the trans, per se, just the cost of the car. I know how to r&r a trans, and I found tick performance that will do the trans for $1k shipping both ways included. So if I got the car for $4200 or $4000, add the cost of the trans, plus clutch slave and all that and I have a good LSx car for around $6k. If I can get $4k for my car (long shot, but maybe) then I have a solid LS1 camaro with a new trans clutch and stuff for like 2 grand. with less miles. I am leaning towards this is a good deal...
                        Last edited by flamingchicken; 05-08-2012, 11:54 PM.
                        Team NoVa

Comment

Not bad, Id offer him less with what needs to be fixed on the car.
                          3M MAFIA
                          ________
                          | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
                          Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah I'd say fix the ls car over doing the swap. I mean it'd be a farily strait forward swap since you have the whole donor car which a lot of people think it's as easy as just swapping the engine and trans. It goes a lot further beyond that haha. Good luck bud.
                            #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

id just offer 3k and go from there. 3500 would be straight.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X