I've been thinking about selling the camaro... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been thinking about selling the camaro...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been thinking about selling the camaro...

but I don't know if I could part with it! I still remember the day I brought it home from the dealership 12 yrs ago. Anyway, We just had a baby girl 2 weeks ago plus I have a 5yr old son. I dont drive the camaro much and I can't justify paying full coverage insurance on 3 vehicles anymore. We have a 2007 equinox that we are wanting to trade in for an acadia or traverse. If I sold the camaro it would be easier for us to afford getting a bigger suv. What do you all think? Should I sell the camaro? Anyone here interested in buying it if I decide to sell it? It's a 2000 monterrey maroon metallic m5 3.8 v6. I bought it new and have documented everything I ever done to it. It has a 110k miles on it. It still runs as good and smooth as it did when I brought it home.
    2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5
    Flowmaster 80 series muffler, B&M ripper shifter, SLP grille

Re: I've been thinking about selling the camaro...

I think I have your twin. 2000 Monterrey maroon, M5 3.8L

Comment

My baby is also a 2000 MMM, M5 3.8. Dont sell her.
      3M MAFIA
      ________
      | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
      Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
      sigpic

Comment

I might just put her in the garage and drop insurance on it. Do you all carry full coverage?
        2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5

Comment

Yea for all 3 of my vehicles its 110 per month
          #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

I carry liability, roadside assistance, and like $300k worth of medical coverage on my firebird. I am 22, a speeding ticket or two, but otherwise clean record. I pay $220 every six months. I carry full coverage on the rabbit though, cause of the lien holder and crap. I pay $520 every six for it, thats cause the wife has a wreck that shows up her fault.
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

I'm paying 420 every 3 months for full coverage on 3 vehicles. I don't know if I should keep full coverage on the camaro or just carry liability.
              2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5

Comment

If you rarely drive it, and want to keep it. Just carry liability on it.
                Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

^^^ what he said. my parents have an equinox, and it should be plenty of rom for 4 + cargo. I have the Santa Fe w/third row seat and it gets used regularly, 4kids to deal with, and their friends at times.

That & the caddy get full coverage (daily drivers) Formy gets liability & stored in winter
                  1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                  2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                  94 comero 3.4

Comment

I pay $180 a year for liability on my Camaro, can't complain but the truck is about $150 per month which is pretty high.
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Get a collector car policy from Grundy. Just need to prove you have more cars than drivers in the household. $194 per YEAR including fixed replacement cost. Bird is presently insured for $12,000.

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Is there a miles driven per year limit for Grundy though? I daily drive my 'bird from about April through November when there's no snow/salt..
                        aka FreedStyle
                        Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                        2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
                          Is there a miles driven per year limit for Grundy though? I daily drive my 'bird from about April through November when there's no snow/salt..
                          Nope.

http://www.grundy.com/

Raven

Comment

Wait wait wait.. We have 3 cars between my gf and myself at. We own our house.. two of my cars are camaros. I own the 2 camaros and shes still paying on her cobalt. Does that work?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

If you own two cars, one can be a "collector" car.

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X