Where is everybody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where is everybody?

Working way too much since Sept. Haven't had a day off since August of last year, only seen 7 2 day weekends since Nov. money is killer
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by venom3300 View Post
      is it really time to beat this horse again?
      Just trying to see who's still around. Seems to be a lively thead ;)

Originally posted by 4thgenowner View Post
      This place died a while ago, it's a few people on here keeping it alive. Most everyone has moved on from f-bodies. Especially V6's.
      This is kind of what I was thinking. But with prices coming down on the sixers so much I figured there would be an influx of new people. Sadly not.

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
      im here from time to time. nothing like i used to be though. life catches up to us all eventually lol.
      I knew you'd never leave, hell youve been rockin the LT1 for sometime. But I get ya, work owns me now that I have been promoted. Speaking of which I need to get back to it. LOL

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      I know I've been slacking.lol
      Not due to health issues again, I hope.

Originally posted by Everglades W68 View Post
      I've been working. I hit the road again in five hours from now.
      Watch out for FHP. They are out for blood right now.
      Be safe!

Originally posted by SixShooter'00Camaro View Post
      Working, now I have a broken hand :( and cant work for 3 weeks so Ill be on more, and hopefully can get some more progress on the build.
      Sorry to hear it man. Good time for planning the build at least. Should have no surprises.

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
      I am in the middle of training for the next month. Afterwards I am going to do the cam swap, then the fun begins.
      Damn, I thought you'd be done with all the training by now.
      Documenting said build? Glad to see some people are still building. GL

Originally posted by Pewter02Camaro View Post
      Im on here daily. I mean somebodies got to keep an eye on steve.
      Watch out Venom :naughty:

Originally posted by DAS BOOT View Post
      I even got another v6 and I don't really come here often.
      Not an Fbody tho right?

I dont have a sixer but still have an Fbody, so still relevant to an extent. I rock an LS1/T56 combo so LS1tech grabs most of my forum time.

Still like coming here to BS in the lounge as Ive been talking to most of you people for years.
      sigpic
      98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
        Working way too much since Sept. Haven't had a day off since August of last year, only seen 7 2 day weekends since Nov. money is killer
        You need time of for drinking.
        Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
        Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
        Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
        Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
        Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

I've actually been more active on here this past month than I have in the past year. I've had a few problems that I'm finally getting sorted out with the cars. Damn compressor side is leaking on my turbo so I'm finally looking for a restrictor. When I get that done I'm going back to tuning again and I might actually hit the track this year. I still gotta get into the 12's before I quit with this 6.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I am in the middle of training for the next month. Afterwards I am going to do the cam swap, then the fun begins.
            To bad your nowhere near me otherwise i would give you a hand with the cam.
            Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
            Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
            Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
            Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
            Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

This used to be a bad *** place back in the day. I miss it, I would rock a 3.8/M5 for a dd but f-bodies are expensive and few and far between up here. Besides I have a Grand Am GT that runs as quick as an 3.8. And I just bought a 2010 Nissan Titan, the VK56DE is an awesome motor and it's way more comfy than any domestic. Never thought I would say that..
              1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

I am still approving new members every week.

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod.sixty9 View Post
                  Not an Fbody tho right?

I dont have a sixer but still have an Fbody, so still relevant to an extent. I rock an LS1/T56 combo so LS1tech grabs most of my forum time.

Still like coming here to BS in the lounge as Ive been talking to most of you people for years.
                  No, its a V6 Camaro... Wife and I had a kid, I gave her the 4 door, and I took over her Cavalier, it was a POS, I was living in a hotel starting a job in another state, and I found a 2000 Camaro 5-speed and picked it up for $2k.

Bad clearcoat, clutch, shocks, brakes...

I fixed it up a bit and rattle can clear coated the bumper, and it looks decent, not winning or even entering car shows, but coudl be worse.

I also just picked up a 3rd gen, 305, 5-speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter02Camaro View Post
                    To bad your nowhere near me otherwise i would give you a hand with the cam.
                    I sure wouldn't mind that any. I don't even know about how to tune for it. There is a dude on here, Alex, that has HP tuners in el paso, so once I do it I can tune it. Maybe you wouldn't mind a little email correspondence or messages on here to help me out. I have never done a cam swap on a v engine, Volkswagens are as far as I go. I have built upwards of 12 or so. As far as the bird goes, I had someone build the shortblock the first time, and the second I bought a series 3 and put it in.

and nimrod, I have been active for a while now, we are in the middle of a training exercise, just out in the field working the night shift, 12 on 12 off till mid may. Not too much fun, but makes the time go by, and with no time to spend money, I usually come out pretty ahead.
                    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenowner View Post
                      This used to be a bad *** place back in the day. I miss it, I would rock a 3.8/M5 for a dd but f-bodies are expensive and few and far between up here. Besides I have a Grand Am GT that runs as quick as an 3.8. And I just bought a 2010 Nissan Titan, the VK56DE is an awesome motor and it's way more comfy than any domestic. Never thought I would say that..
                      It been awhile, but when I visited NY they were everywhere. Like the opposite of here, more Mustangs. I dont think I could go without driving an Fbody lol. Only had them my whole life, but I do understand where your coming from.

Originally posted by DAS BOOT View Post
                      No, its a V6 Camaro... Wife and I had a kid, I gave her the 4 door, and I took over her Cavalier, it was a POS, I was living in a hotel starting a job in another state, and I found a 2000 Camaro 5-speed and picked it up for $2k.

Bad clearcoat, clutch, shocks, brakes...

I fixed it up a bit and rattle can clear coated the bumper, and it looks decent, not winning or even entering car shows, but coudl be worse.

I also just picked up a 3rd gen, 305, 5-speed.

Ah yes, the 3rd Gen! I loved my old 305/T5 combo. So easy to work on, not to mention very cheap. That thing looks great BTW

I sure wouldn't mind that any. I don't even know about how to tune for it. There is a dude on here, Alex, that has HP tuners in el paso, so once I do it I can tune it. Maybe you wouldn't mind a little email correspondence or messages on here to help me out. I have never done a cam swap on a v engine, Volkswagens are as far as I go. I have built upwards of 12 or so. As far as the bird goes, I had someone build the shortblock the first time, and the second I bought a series 3 and put it in.

and nimrod, I have been active for a while now, we are in the middle of a training exercise, just out in the field working the night shift, 12 on 12 off till mid may. Not too much fun, but makes the time go by, and with no time to spend money, I usually come out pretty ahead.
                      Until you get that itch to put more money in the car :D
                      Not to say I expect financial troubles, just want to see that CAM go in. Be safe!
                      sigpic
                      98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Mustangs are definitely more common up here. Hell, there's a 93 LX 5.0 convertible for sale and they want 12k for it. 2004 V6 convertible 13k. It's ridiculous. For example, 86 Trans Am with new motor and trans, trashed interior and it needs body work and a paint job, $3600. And the guy sold it! Someone got a sugar coated turd.
                        1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Well last night at work I got bored, and went nuts. When I bought the T/A hatch, the guy said the glass had been shattered and that he had replaced it. Well I can hear glass rolling around in there when I open the hatch, so I took all of the plastic off the hatch to see if I could get it out. No dice, but i ended up pulling out every piece of plastic in the rear of the car, along with the spare tire, jack and all that jazz. All that's left is the seats and carpet. I removed everything I could without the use of tools, even took out my speaker wire and stuff. As soon as I get done with this training exercise I promise I am going to start on the cam, I am ITCHING to get that bad boy in there, and see if I cant make a little bit more power. I will be buying intake set and timing set this week, then next check maybe lifters and springs. I have a miss that comes along every now and then I am trying to figure out as well. After I did the trans swap (which involved a different PCM) I never did a CASE learn, so that may be whats causing it. I'll get it eventually.
                          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

havent been here in a while...checked up on my 97 RS and her new (previous) owner. shes doing well. the WS6 is doing very well too :)

Comment

I check in from time to time. Most of my time is on www.bowtiev6.com now as it is the site that I started for 5th gen v6 camaros and has really been taking off. Want to learn more on the new 5th gen v6s come on over and check it out. :)

I still have my fully built 97 RS. Haven't driven it at all this year yet, still have storage insurance on it. Getting married in June and all play money and extra money goes to that right now. I think we are gonna use it for our getaway vehicle so I will have to get it out and going again in a few weeks. lol. Maybe then in the fall I will run it at the track before putting it away for the winter, just in case something breaks from the 200+ shots of nitrous. haha.
                              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life View Post
                                I check in from time to time. Most of my time is on www.bowtiev6.com now as it is the site that I started for 5th gen v6 camaros and has really been taking off. Want to learn more on the new 5th gen v6s come on over and check it out. :)

I still have my fully built 97 RS. Haven't driven it at all this year yet, still have storage insurance on it.
                                What is the cost on storage insurance per month?

-jimfire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X