High school documentation - maybe I am an illegal alien - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High school documentation - maybe I am an illegal alien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High school documentation - maybe I am an illegal alien

My youngest son is entering high school this fall. We received a letter today informing us that he needs the following documents in order to register:

1. Current phone or electric bill
    AND
    2. a rent receipt, lease agreement, mortgage US Postal Service confirmation of address or a Declaration of Domicile from the County Records Department
    AND
    3. Florida Certificate of Immunization
    AND
    4. Latest report card or transcript
    AND
    5. Parent's current Florida Driver's License / Florida ID
    AND
    6. Copy of birth certificate or passport

- BUT -

If a student says the following magic words, requirements 1, 2, 5, and 6 disappear and the school staff is "strictly prohibited" from asking additional questions:

"I was born outside the United States and my parents are unable to provide a driver's license or other documents showing a county address."
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Re: High school documentation - maybe I am an illegal alien

Over here you just need a bill with your parents name on it and the immunization, many people I went to high school with lived in Mexico and would just come to school here

Comment

So, if I'm a law-abiding US citizen, I have to provide four different forms of identification. But all I really need to do is have my son tell the school that he is the child of illegal aliens. At that point he's OK, no questions asked.
      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

I'm a US citizen as well , I had to provide the same info as them, I guess it just depends on the school/state

Comment

Wow. That seems crazy... Not sure how that is justified lol. That would never fly up here....
          In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
          2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

typical. you live here and get screwed, but if youre illegal you can do whatever the hell you want

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

It's always been like that since the 80's.

Comment

Citizen= screwed. Illegal Alien= do what ever the **** you want.
                1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

I guess I'm old ,only thing needed was a birth cert. when I was in school.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by Everglades W68 View Post
                    So, if I'm a law-abiding US citizen, I have to provide four different forms of identification. But all I really need to do is have my son tell the school that he is the child of illegal aliens. At that point he's OK, no questions asked.
                    In Mexico they require a picture ID to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Everglades W68 View Post
                      I hate Florida. To renew my drivers license I had to show my birth certificate. To get my birth certificate I had to have a state issued ID... :bs:
                      Yet somehow illegals can get all the Gov programs, not pay taxes, and still make more than me...

Thats just an annoyance. What I really dont like is how three of my friends had been involved in an accident with illegals, all drunk, all were sent on there way without prosecution.. Except one. That one took the life of my friends 6 year old sister. Apparently citizen can go to jail for speeding tickets, but takes murder for an illegal to go...
                      sigpic
                      98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

While it's not my intention, I'm sure my response will stir the pot a bit. Either way, I don't support illegal immigration. I do support immigrants legally becoming naturalized and having equal rights, but only after they've gone through the citizenship process like everyone else. After all, unless anyone on here is 100% Native American, then we're all of immigrant decent.

First off, public (and probably private) school systems are screwed up. They're only about politics and money. Nothing more to it.

Originally posted by nimrod.sixty9 View Post
                        Yet somehow illegals can get all the Gov programs, not pay taxes, and still make more than me...
                        Something to think about. If an undocumented (illegal) immigrant is not in the records, how are they going to receive government program benefits?

If we're going to focus primarily on illegal immigrants from Mexico, you'll probably find that most of them are risking their lives to cross the border for work. Once they're here, most of them are doing cheap labor and dirty jobs that everyone else thinks they're too good to do. And most of them also just want to get paid for their work and stay under the radar. In fact, there have been studies done that found that crime rates were actually lower in neighborhoods where primarily illegal immigrants resided. They don't want to be deported, so why bring attention to themselves or their neighborhood?

As for not paying taxes, a lot of illegal immigrants will use someone else's papers for jobs that don't pay cash under the table. They put in money through taxes taken from paychecks, but can't reap the benefits from it. Welfare and food stamp programs are primarily used and abused by legal citizens that either can't or won't learn to make a living on their own. Illegal immigrants have nothing to do with that.

It's honestly not that hard to see why Mexico's economy is flourishing now, while ours is floundering.
                        Last edited by pace2006; 04-25-2012, 04:24 PM. Reason: derp spelling
                        '99 Camaro
                        '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                        '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post

As for not paying taxes, a lot of illegal immigrants will use someone else's papers for jobs that don't pay cash under the table. They put in money through taxes taken from paychecks, but can't reap the benefits from it. Welfare and food stamp programs are primarily used and abused by legal citizens that either can't or won't learn to make a living on their own. Illegal immigrants have nothing to do with that.
                          Coming from a family of constuction workers, i can tell you they don't pay taxes on someone else's form. my folks never hired illegals, but knew plenty who did. Also, all of their jobs are under the table. no reputable place is going to list an illegal on payroll and risk the government shutting them down.

Illegals drain money from the economy by using an education system and health care system they don't put money into. and that uninsured motorist fe on your car insurance? you guessed it, illegals don't have car insurance... can't get it.

Im not saying there aren't citizens who aren't a drain too.

It's honestly not that hard to see why Mexico's economy is flourishing now, while ours is floundering.
                          $15k average income
                          1/3 of people on poverty.... 10% can't afford to eat
                          6.2% unemployment and 26 % underemployment
                          and drug cartels that overthrow the government in places.

umm yeah, you must have a different idea of flourishing than me

Comment

A$$holes and candy canes. That is all.
                            1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

While it's not my intention, I'm sure my response will stir the pot a bit. Either way, I don't support illegal immigration. I do support immigrants legally becoming naturalized and having equal rights, but only after they've gone through the citizenship process like everyone else. After all, unless anyone on here is 100% Native American, then we're all of immigrant decent.

First off, public (and probably private) school systems are screwed up. They're only about politics and money. Nothing more to it.

Something to think about. If an undocumented (illegal) immigrant is not in the records, how are they going to receive government program benefits?

If we're going to focus primarily on illegal immigrants from Mexico, you'll probably find that most of them are risking their lives to cross the border for work. Once they're here, most of them are doing cheap labor and dirty jobs that everyone else thinks they're too good to do. And most of them also just want to get paid for their work and stay under the radar. In fact, there have been studies done that found that crime rates were actually lower in neighborhoods where primarily illegal immigrants resided. They don't want to be deported, so why bring attention to themselves or their neighborhood?

I can see where your coming from, I really do. But until you experince certain areas of Florida, you wont understand.

How they get assistance? They do whats called emergency cash assistance, emergency foodstamps, etc. And yes, you are correct that they sometimes use someone elses identity, but not for work purposes. They use if for... Gov assistance! They work under the table, so no, they collect the taxes. I cannot count how many times Ive seen Mexicans drving brand new Escalades on rims, wearing brand new designer clothes, then whip out a food stamp card. Thats more of a rant but you get my point. Though if my post above doesnt tell a story to people, then nothing will help.
                              sigpic
                              98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X