Checking in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking in

Haven't been posting on the forum much lately, though I still drop in every now and again. I'm currently working at Daimler Trucks N. America (Freightliner, Western Star, Detroit Diesel. Also Mercedes, Fuso, previously Sterling, etc.) I'm doing 3d modelling of parts for the Western Star trucks.

The Camaro is gone and so is the Buick, and I've just about gotten my DD to how I want her. Here's a pic of the day I brought her home.

And today:

I'd like to eventually get some paint on the inner rotors and calipers, but otherwise I'm quite enjoying this car.

Just thought I'd give an update and whore out some pictures. Hope you all are doing well.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Re: Checking in

Congrats on the job.

That Olds looks way better. Of course any cars you touch turn into gold.

Comment

Herro!
      Dave:
      00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Sharp looking car! Does it have the V8 in it?
        1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Originally posted by 4thgenowner View Post
          Sharp looking car!
          :tup:
          <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Sharp looking car! Does it have the V8 in it?
            Thanks! Yes sir, it's got a bit lower displacement version of the Northstar.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

You do anything with these things?

I see them built and driven to a loading place with no plates and flashers going every day.

Comment

I can look up specs and view 3D models of them as we're all on the same system, but we don't handle any of the MB stuff directly. Just North America, so Freightliner and Western Star. I think CO is just a MB plant. We do still get sweet employee pricing on Mercedes vehicles though.
                sigpic
                1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Auroras are great cars, IMO. Nice!!!
                  I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                  CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                  FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Always liked those cars. Any mods other than visual? Exhaust?
                    In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                    2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Nope, totally stock. The only things I've considered are a drop in K&N with an airbox mod as it's a dyno-proven 10/10, and an electric cutout right before the stock mufflers for a bit extra sound when I'm feeling the V8 rumble. Otherwise, I have no plans for any kind of performance mods.
                      sigpic
                      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Sounds great. How many miles? There are a ton of these cars and the newer style in my area for dirt cheap, seems like a great DD.
                        In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
                        2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

nice to see you still drop by!

and man, that olds has more buttons on the interior than NASA ground control

Comment

I've always wanted one of those. Keep her looking awesome!
                            1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Originally posted by 1997Canadian3.8 View Post
                              Sounds great. How many miles? There are a ton of these cars and the newer style in my area for dirt cheap, seems like a great DD.
                              Picked her up with just under 78k. The value on these cars is incredible. I don't understand why there isn't more demand, but it sure benefits me. My buddy sold a salvage titled 92 Camry with 130k miles for about what I paid for this, which has heated leather, dual zone lumbar, driver information center, moonroof and Bose to name a few.

Originally posted by venom3300 View Post
                              nice to see you still drop by!

and man, that olds has more buttons on the interior than NASA ground control
                              There are another 12 buttons hiding under the cover on the driver info center above the HVAC too :P

I've always wanted one of those. Keep her looking awesome!
                              Will do. It's a great split between the Camaro and Park Avenue it replaced. I'd certainly recommend it if you come across a nice deal. This is the first car I've had that goes over harsh speed bumps without a creak or squeak. Quite a change from the Camaro. :P
                              sigpic
                              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X