Acquired a new ride!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acquired a new ride!

I bought myself a new car. I wanted to buy a LS1 fbody, but I really need something reliable and good on gas, so I purchased a 2006 VW Rabbit. It has a little under 75k miles, and comes with the 2.5l 5 cylinder, and a 5spd trans. Doesn't have all the options that were available, but has the ones that I didnt have before, A/C, 6 disc in dash, and 26mpg! Its pretty fun to drive too, the 2.5 makes 170hp, and is pretty torquey, and the suspension while kind of rough, gives a very nimble feel to it. The clutch is like a cloud compared to the firebird, and gear shifts feel super smooth. All in all it is just so much easier to drive. While not giving the same feedback as the firebird as far as steering, the experience is a lot different simply because it's so easy. Its reflex silver and has 18 inch BBS wheels, I'll try to get a pic up later.

The firebird will start getting restored, repair the interior, find out where the overheating smell is coming from, fix the miss/ power loss after it warms up, then do the GT2 cam swap. I'll be putting her on a diet, taking the subs and all that jazz out, spare tire, the a/c probably will go too, maybe feed her a 50 wet shot and see if I can't get into the low 14's upper 13's. Anyone in the El Paso area want to lend me some space or a hand feel free.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Re: Acquired a new ride!

Is that the same thing as a GTI? Except no turbo.

Funny, I was watching Pimp My Ride last night at Speed Channell and they showed how they pimped out this Off Road VW Bug with suicide doors, new flat 4 engine, roll cage, and such. They actually done a great to it, except of course of the lava lamps they put on the back, which was an over kill, but compare to the other ones this one was decent.

Anyway, for some reason I thought about you and your VW collection.

Comment

Nice, any pics?
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

ls1s get 26mpg on the highway? vw for reliability?

nice buy, must be fun, cheap on gas too.

Comment

It pretty much is a GTI, just the 5 cylinder instead of the 2.0 turbo. I made friends at work with a ASE Master tech, who happened to buy a baja bug, and knows little about them. So we are going to trade knowledge, he's gonna help me get my firebird in better shape, and I am going to help him build an engine. Anyways, heres the car.

Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

5 cylinder ftw. Looks like a nice daily.
            '99 Camaro
            '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
            '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Looks good.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Very Nice!!!

That thing must drive like it's on rails. You should do some autocrossing with it.

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
                  5 cylinder ftw. Looks like a nice daily.
                  The 5cyl has LOADS of torque, it is pretty fun to drive.

As for auto crossing it...Yeah, no. I brought it home and first thing started looking at coil overs, cat backs and intakes, all sorts of stuff. And as much as I would like to modify it, I think the only thing I am going to do is send the ECU to APR and tune it. They do an 87 octane tune that takes care of the RPM's floating up when you shift, and adds 10 hp with no mods at all. I need it to stay reliable, and I can drag race and rag out the firebird all I want. I dont have to depend on it to get me to work and back. As for now I will tune it, maybe take out the rear muffler in favor of just a resonator, and enjoy having something nice and easy to drive.
                  Team NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
                    ls1s get 26mpg on the highway? vw for reliability?

nice buy, must be fun, cheap on gas too.
                    I get 26mpg in the city with this. Well today it was 25.4something, but that was with some spirited driving. And VW's are amazingly reliable, as well as maintaining their value.
                    Team NoVa

Comment

who's tran am is that in the back left of the pic? lol

what does the interior of that look like? not half bad for a DD

Comment

It's a firebird, and its mine.

It has the standard fabric interior. The previous owner was non smoker, with one kid who was like 12, so its damn near immaculate.
                        Team NoVa

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X