what really grinds my gears!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what really grinds my gears!!!

Saturday morning on the way to work I stopped by the girlfriends house to say hi real quick. When I came back outside to take off my car was against hers, and my driver side low beam was broken out. The car rolled mabey 3 feet before it hit hers. The e brake was even set. The good news at the time was the Silverstar Ultra I just put in mabey 3 weeks ago was still good. When I got to work the bulb had exploded. I just paid $50 for the 2 bulbs. After work I went to the auto parts store to get a new housing, but they don't carry anything for 93-97, only 98-02. So I go to the junk yard to find a headlight and there's 1 Camaro in there with 1 headlight, but I have no tools on me and I'm not gonna go buy a bunch of random torx bits to get the headlight out if I already have it. On my way home I call to make sure what time they close and they closed right after I left. So the next day I put the torx bits in my car before work and after I stop by the jy again and pull the light and pay for it. As I was walking through the door to go to my car it dawned on me that there's no reflective backing in the light, I ask about it and they say there's no cash refunds only exchanges or credit. The light was $5 oh well. I went to a different auto parts store and found the stock housing I was looking for for $30 and another $25 bulb. Sorry for the long stupid rant y'all, I'm just very annoyed right now.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Re: what really grinds my gears!!!

Call me crazy, but aren't you going to focus on what's causing your car to roll on its own?
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

No you're not crazy. I think I figured out the e brake deal already, seems to be working better.
      1997 Chevrolet Camaro
      L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

Originally posted by sac2165 View Post
        Call me crazy, but aren't you going to focus on what's causing your car to roll on its own?
        i had the same thought.

next time just leave it in gear?
        Dave:
        00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
        97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

I would've but it was running.
          1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by espey_16 View Post
            I would've but it was running.
            ok so it wasting gas too, gotcha ;)
            Dave:
            00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
            97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Yeah, I only went in for a minute to give her a hug and a kiss. Came out and it was against her car.
              1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

I don't think I've owned a car where I would trust the parking brake.

Comment

Mine evidently needs some attention too. It's suddenly slackened while being set a handful of times (with a loud "sprong!"). Not as important being an auto, but still something to fix.

My Z once popped out of reverse while parked in my driveway. Fortunately the ebrake was set so it didn't go anywhere. But now it's parked in 1st instead. :)
                  '99 Camaro
                  '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                  '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

ya...mine needs to be attended to as well...my cables are wrapped around my rear end and lead to nothing :D...should probably do something about that.

Any damage to her car? seems like you got off pretty lucky...it coulda been worse and rolled off into a street and got t-boned.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
                      Mine evidently needs some attention too. It's suddenly slackened while being set a handful of times (with a loud "sprong!"). Not as important being an auto, but still something to fix.

My Z once popped out of reverse while parked in my driveway. Fortunately the ebrake was set so it didn't go anywhere. But now it's parked in 1st instead. :)
                      Mine does the same thing, so if you figure out what does it, lemme know :P Couple pulls seems to take the slack out again, but even so.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X