G8 GT First Dyno Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G8 GT First Dyno Run

Figured I'd share this here in case anyone is curious. Took the G8 out to a dynamometer to get a few base line pulls in to see where the car is at. It's mostly stock, has GXP axle backs, Roto-Fab intake, wider rear tires and a GXP diffuser. I haven't really messed with the tune, just increased the PE enrichment rate and took off the 139 mph limiter since the car hits 160 with ease and wants to keep going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zacK8Io26XM&hd=1
    http://i.imgur.com/cdxLJ.jpg
    sigpic

Re: G8 GT First Dyno Run

Love that car. What are planned mods?
    In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
    2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Looks like good #'s for stock.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I was thinking kooks LT headers + race cats + mid pipes, but people are saying ARH headers are just as good and I can get a good deal on the same sort of kit. I was thinking of keeping the GXP axle back mufflers on it to keep the exhaust volume in check. Colder NGK plugs, msd wires, 160 degree thermostat, dyno tune on mustang dynamometer, then back to that dynojet to compare. I use that dynojet because its like 5 minutes from my house and I can compare to my other cars that have ran on that dyno.

Then if I'm still not quite near 400whp on the dynojet I'll go for a cam.
        sigpic

Comment

That's not bad for mostly stock. My intake and exhaust '04 GTO put down basically the same numbers. As far as the headers go, it's really a toss up as far as the brand. Basically you want to look for stainless steel, about a 1-3/4 or 1-7/8 primary to a 3 inch collector. Ceramic coated is even better, but not as big of a difference on stainless headers. Basically, all the headers that are available from some of the better companies are going to give you right about the same amount of power increase. It's just a matter of how much you want to spend.

Comment

sounds good. i wont lie though i thought they put a bit more to the ground than that mostly stock. open that exhaust up! im betting you'll get some nice gains that way.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
            Or this

Comment

Nice. You have to remember Vanbibber that the G8 GT's are tuned from te factory to run off of 87 octane. Our G8 bone stock went 13.6@103 and dynoed 303rwhp on a Mustang Dyno. Now we have Vararam intake, Xpipe replacing mid muffler, and a GXP Axleback. Would like to do headers but the wife doesnt want them done. I love running 87 octane in the car and run mid to low 13's.

As far as making 400 rwhp with bolt ons I am not sure. Most I have seen with headers, exhaust and a tune is 360rwhp. You might be able to hit that with a fast 102 on it or come close.

Stainless steel headers are the best. They dont rust. Ceramic coated headers are great but the coating starts to wear down over time and they begin to rust.

MSD wires are okay but there are better wires out there on the market. I have RPM wires on my cars as they have less ohms then the MSD and cost a little less as well. Think I got mine on WS6store for 50.00.

We also took the engine Covers off the motor. There are two of them. The big one that looks like a space ship, and there is a cover over the L76 intake itself. You have to lift up the fuel rail to get that cover off. Its a black plastic piece that has about a 1/2 inch thick of styrofoam under it. Once we removed those covers the car ran a little cooler. We added some LS2 Fuel rail covers to the motor now.
              Last edited by 1998silverbird; 03-18-2013, 09:50 AM.
              Jeff ..
              1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
              2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
              1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
              http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X