Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $5.15 per gallon

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
    I hate filling up my truck, its a 26 gallon tank.
    x2

My Sport Trac has a 21 gal. tank and it sucks up gas like it hasn't had a drink in a month.. I can't wait for spring to get here to get the 'bird back out, even if it takes 91 octane! It's still cheaper than the truck..

btw, regular 87 is $3.68 here as of yesterday.. saw it at $3.38 a week and a half ago..
    aka FreedStyle
    Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
    2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

about $3.50 a gallon or so. I like my state's tax structure.

Comment

Regular in Central Wyoming is 2.99. Diesel though is 3.89, $85 bucks for 3/4 tank for the Cummins. This is at the pump; Don't know just what we're paying for bulk right now, but its usually cheaper.

Comment

Cost for the businesses is usually 3-5¢ less that what you pay...

Comment

I'm probably gonna be forced to sell a car. I cant afford 2 v8 muscle cars. :( It wont be my '70 LeMans though. I'll daily it and suffer the bad mileage before I sell it.

Probably will be my '89 getting the axe. I hate it but I cant afford to fix up 2 cars. At least I would have the satisfaction of restoring a 3rd gen and putting it back on the road for someone to enjoy. Was just a roller and didnt get any attention and probably wouldve been parted out if I hadnt taken it and put it back together.
            -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

It's going to SUCK to fill the WS6 this sping...
              1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                Cost for the businesses is usually 3-5¢ less that what you pay...
                Yeah, I'm gonna have to look next time the fuel truck comes but it might even be a bit more of a discount than that. Agricultural stuff gets that sometimes...not talking just about the dyed diesel either.

Comment

If gas prices do come down I don't think it will ever be below $4 bucks anymore. Early last year it was $3.45 for the regular from a mom and pop gas station, but by late last year there was nothing lower than $3.65.

Nothing goes down here in Calif. They are always pushing it up till people start complaining then they'll bring it down slightly, giving us that false hope that they've lowered the gas prices when in actuality they've raised it by .20 -.30 cents more than before. :spank:

Comment

Hoping to deter any 87 octane thieves, I just bought a locking gas cap.

Then I saw this on YouTube :rolleyes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRU3H2UnsE0

It's the same cap from Autozone lol anyone got any ideas to prevent fuel theft just in case?
                    Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Keep the tank low and park in front of a window under a street lamp...lol

That's the only thing that kept people out of the tank in my old Mazda truck, but my dad's F-150 right next to it with the gas side facing the road was stolen from atleast twice last summer. My Firebird was parked up in front of our garage just outside the front windows to our house and was never tampered with. Thank god because it uses premium..
                      aka FreedStyle
                      Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                      2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Its a shame people make a video of how to pick a gas cap.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
                          Keep the tank low and park in front of a window under a street lamp...lol

That's the only thing that kept people out of the tank in my old Mazda truck, but my dad's F-150 right next to it with the gas side facing the road was stolen from atleast twice last summer. My Firebird was parked up in front of our garage just outside the front windows to our house and was never tampered with. Thank god because it uses premium..
                          Why would you use premium in a V6? Waste of money, can't be said enough
                          1995 Pontiac Firebird
                          2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

I have to use 91 in mine since the new pistons,cam and heads, its about 9.8:1 compression or around there. Plus spraying it I want the highest octane.
                            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
                              Why would you use premium in a V6? Waste of money, can't be said enough
                              Because I live in AZ and climb mountains - it's called knock - and I'm NOT going to let the PCM retard the power to stop it.
                              Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

3.45 here today for 87. Dang station cut the pump off at $75 too!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X