Electric Drum set, need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Drum set, need advice

I've decided that I want to get an electric set of drums with part of my tax return. I would get an acoustic set but I record a lot so it'll be easier in that aspect, and I don't want to drive my girlfriend and dogs crazy all the time.

I'm looking to spend about between $1000-$1500. Does anyone have any advice on brands or what I should be looking for when I head out to the music store?

TEAM C6V6

Re: Electric Drum set, need advice

I'm not a big fan of electric drumsets but I would go with Roland. They make some quality electric kits
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Yeah, I was looking at Alesis kits that were around 500 then I started reading reviews. The $1,000 Roland TD4K2-S V-Compact Series V-Drums is what I'm aiming for so I'm glad you could help reaffirm this. I appreciate it.

If I get good enough at this I will eventually get an acoustic set. But I'm a beginner and I'm tired of using drum loops, my only experience is on rockband which I believe helped start out that hand to foot coordination. My brother is an amazing drummer so it's gotta be in my blood at least a little.
      Last edited by Blizzard242; 02-03-2012, 09:53 AM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I've been a drummer for 11 years, got an acoustic 22pc set, and dome model Roland electric, 9 piece, love em both. The electric is really nice, and it's always fun to make your cymbals sound like a slide whistle. I've no complaints about it after 5 years of almost daily use.

Comment

I've decided I'm getting a Roland TD-4kx2-g. I can't freakin wait. Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up today.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Post up how you like it. I've been thinking about selling my acoustic set for an electric set so I can use it in an apartment and whatnot.
            sigpic
            1996 Chevrolet Camaro
            1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
            --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Got it last night, only got to play around on it for 20ish minutes since putting it together took about an hour. Bought it at guitar center since that's the only place here that sells that kit, they even threw in an extra tom which I'm really happy about.
              The only gripe I have with the kit is that with the module you can't expand it any further than 1 extra drum or cymbal and that takes away from an extra feature on one of the cymbals. So it stands at 2 cymbals, the ride, 4 toms the snare and the bass drum.
              I still have to "tune" the kit for velocity and what not but it feels really good so far. Way better than my friends alesis kit we use for rockband. It never missed a single note I tried to play, even with the kick sensor and the double bass peddles I picked up. I still suck regardless being a newb at this but it's a really solid kit.
              Oh, also.. If you use double bass peddles there's no kind of clutch for the ride. There is an optional ride setup that works just like a real one but that's obviously extra.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

You'll get used to it mang. They're tons of fun when you got the talent.

Comment

Yeah I'm not discouraged by playing like a sloth. I remember when I started playing a guitar and it felt really awkward. This aint no rockband drums where it fixes tiny misbeats and makes you feel like you're the best drummer in the world haha! I do have to give that game some credit though, like I mentioned earlier, I don't feel like an absolute beginner. I'm done with pretending though. I wanna rock some real faces off.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

lol.. nice, i play guitar and i inherited my brothers tama swingstar drumset recently... still in the process of making it a working set though. my camaro still consumes my time

Comment

I had to put my cars on hold for awhile then I got into playing again, so when my tax return came around I've been more interested in playing than racing. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be modding my 6 any further, even though I'd love to buy a better turbo kit. But it'll be my fun summer car until I can afford a swap. I've been screwin around with these sixxers for 10 years now.

Anyways, I'm working on a new song I'll post up here in a week or two so you guys can give it a listen. Don't worry, I won't be playing drums in this one, I wouldn't subject anyone to my newb drummin skills just yet.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X