New Toy/Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Toy/Project

So I'm going to be selling my camaro. I just got bored with modding it and bought my self a new toy to mod and have fun with, a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT:

http://i.imgur.com/xomDJ.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/hJbDT.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Wr3Ne.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/eQILc.jpg

It's a very fun ride and a much nicer starting point in terms of potential. Pics arent quite perfect, it's hard to focus the camera well when its a bit chilly and dark (very long exposure shots, 20-30+ seconds)
    Last edited by OneEightSeven; 12-23-2011, 06:37 AM.
    sigpic

Re: New Toy/Project

love it! if i had the dough id pick one up. sad to see that camaro go though, i always liked the look of your car.

ps. tripod?
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Yeah... I'm about to sell one of my maros... I need a truck, but I really like that G8, nice choice man.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Awesome. I love that car.

I was looking for one when I bought my Envoy, but they were all ridiculously priced in my area. Have fun with that car, they're awesome!
        In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
        2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

@dmw319,

I used a tripod, but it was just hard to get the focus perfect in the dark haha. Should have brought one of my lights to help focus the camera before shooting. I'm going to miss the camaro too.. feels like the end of an era. It's sitting outside of the garage now and I do get sad looking at it and knowing I'm gonna start parting out the mods soon.

@Blizzard242

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the car so far. Gets lots of looks, because the previous owner removed most of the bading except the center hood and center trunk pontiac logo, and put on holden badging and holden center caps, so people are like "wtf car is that".

@1997Canadian3.8,

Yea its hard to negotiate on them too, because the dealers know there aren't a lot of choices for you. It's not like buying a Camry, where you can be like "well if I can't get a better deal, I'll just go to another Toyota dealer OR buy a Honda!" There is no real analog to that car, so if it's what you want..... you're stuck with what's for sale.

At the time I bought this (last Sat.) car it was one of 3 within 1,000 miles of me... So it was 2 hours of negotiating with the dealer to get them to budge at all.. Cuz they were basically like "Wtf are you gonna do, drive to Jersey for a cheaper one?" I also liked that this one was always local, never seen winter, and I cyber stalked the previous owner based on the VIN registration (publicdata + facebook + linkedin). He is a 43 year old oil exec, with no kids of driving age at the time of purchase, so I'm pretty confident it was well maintained.
          sigpic

Comment

I love the G8's my friend Wayne has a 2009 GXP model he picked up in SC and imported to Canada.

Comment

I'm not a fun of the G8, but yours look really good. Good luck with your new whip.

Say hit me up. I like to buy your double ribbed belt for the Powerdyne.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X