Rocksmith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocksmith

Is pretty cool. I totally thought it wouldn't be able to tell what the hell I was playing but I'm pretty damn impressed on the note recognition. It's even good with chords which was what really impressed me. Anyone else try it?

TEAM C6V6

Re: Rocksmith

I was wondering if someone was going to post about it.I am really tempted to pick it up.Is it worth it? Do you actually learn the songs the way they are played?

Comment

Yeah, except it kinda dumbs it down until you start hitting everything it throws at you well enough. Like.. when you first start, instead of power chords it'll give you a single note and eventually it will ramp it up and throw whole chords at you. As well as all the notes too, it doesn't give you all the notes at first but enough to keep rhythm, like rockband on an easier level and eventually it starts adding them all in.

What I really like about it is that it doesn't deduct points for extra notes you throw in there. If I already know a song I'll play more than what's on the screen and it won't deduct from the overall score. However, I'm not playing it for score, I'm playing it to expand my skills and I really see it helping.

It has "arcade" style games to help improve your skills too.. Like Space Ducks. You have to "shoot" these ducks that are coming down on the screen by hitting the corresponding string and fret. Its easy as hell at first but it gets hard.

Oh btw, it works with tablature if you didn't already know. But like when full chords come down, it shows the actual name of the chord too.

It's really like a personal tutor how it adapts to your skill level but it's fun like rockband and you don't have to look like a dorkus playing a plastic 5 button guitar. I'm playin with my Gibson Les Paul :tup: I highly recommend those guitars. It's heavy as hell though, my left shoulder was killing me before I was ready to stop.

If you read any reviews online the only time they say anything bad about it is for it's presentation.. Cause it's not as flashy or exciting as rockband. I don't see that as being the point of the game though. It does it's job and it does it well.
      Last edited by Blizzard242; 11-07-2011, 11:07 AM.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Well i picked it upp today..So I will find out for myself.I've been stoked about it for a while.If I find my stratocaster is too heavy I'll switch to my acoustic/electric.I'msure just lke rockband the harder the difficulty the more realistic it is. ROCK ON:rock:

Comment

I'm quite curious about this game myself...

Comment

Yep..it's *****in.Now I wish I had more time to play it! Would be pretty hard if you've only ever played guitar hero though

Comment

So what is it exactly? Something to teach you how to play guitar or?...

I had an electric guitar once but I couldnt really get it. Didnt have the time for lessons so I just played with it pretty much, lol.
              -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

There's a lot of good songs on it too, a few I'm surprised to see. Like sigur ros.

It's like rockband with the notes coming down except with a real guitar and tabs. None of that 5 button crap.

I'm amazed how it's actually teaching me.. That minigame, Dawn of the chorDead lol, it's actually teaching me the names of the chords. Best part about it is that it doesn't feel like work. I've been playin around on a guitar for years just doin my own thing, never learned any technical terms or note names but this is really helping.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Been thinking about checking this out. Wish I still had my Strat.
                  <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

looks cool, maybe I'll pick it up next november

edit, wonder I cain get a discount for allready having an epi guitar....
                    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                    94 comero 3.4

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4 slow to go View Post
                      looks cool, maybe I'll pick it up next november

edit, wonder I cain get a discount for allready having an epi guitar....
                      Next november?! That's a year away!

TEAM C6V6

Comment

i'm in deployed status again.... maybe I'll order me a martin backpacker
                        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
                        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
                        94 comero 3.4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                          New Owner!
                          by LETZRIDE
                          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                          3 days ago
                        • ssms5411
                          Little work today
                          by ssms5411
                          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • LETZRIDE
                          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X