Greetings from OKC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from OKC

Howdy all. I'm Bradley, and I live in a town called Mustang outside of Oklahoma City. I'm 34, and I'm a flight simulator technician working for the FAA. I've been into cars for well over 20 years, and I'm no stranger to almost everything automotive. I have a total of 4 rides...first is an '08 Impala SS, second is an '06 Grand Prix.

The third one is my last project, a 1997 Bonneville SSE...this one is pretty heavily modified. It has an L26 w/L36 upper intake w/L67 throttle body, 24 lbs. injectors, returnless fuel system, 3" exhaust, 2006 4T65e modded with shift kit, 3.29 HD diff (with the 1:1 drive/driven, that makes it 3.29 final), and all controlled with a 2005 Impala PCM flashed with a 2003 Grand Prix OS that's been modded to run the returnless setup and the L67 TB. Even though the tune is off, it still puts out 245 hp/255 lbs-ft torque via the ScanGauge2...and it's fun to drive.

Which brings me to #4....a 1996 Camaro convertible RS. I got it a week ago, and it's in BAD shape. No engine/trans, interior is NASTY (well, WAS...I ripped it all out), frontend damage that was poorly repaired. It's saving graces are the top (it appears newer) and very little rust over all. Plans call for L26 core w/cam and most mods from the Bonneville carried over, color change to Dark Cherry metallic, and a full-on suspension build as I want this to be a handler (I can do w/o speed, and I love the fuel mileage I can get with the 3800. Plus...I know that motor).

Re: Greetings from OKC

Nice man. Welcome to the board. Let's see some pics of the project.
    #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Sounds like you have some nice projects. Welcome to the board.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Very cool. Welcome!
          I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
          CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
          FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys. No pics of the whole car yet...I'm not getting my hopes up if I can't repair this damage....

Here's pics of the damage. So far it's all looking repairable, and with the few whacks of the hand sledge I've given it, the sheet metal has given a little.

Now then, if anyone has any pics of a bare unibody, so I can judge just how much whacking I need to do, it'd be most appreciated.

And before anyone says anything....yes, I need pics for whacking.
            Last edited by sandrock; 08-13-2011, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Welcome. I hope you got that car for free. I wish you luck on your build and I hope you can get that damage fixed. It would be really sweet to see you take that thing from what it is to something as nice as you imagine it!
              sigpic
              98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Didn't get it for free, but low enough to where I'll break even if I have to sell off the parts. He threw in an almost complete L36, a bum L36, a '99 wiring harness and PCM and a few other little things.

Been whittlin' away at the firewall, and I think I got it back around 50%. I'll have to strategicaly cut a few places, rework the metal, then weld back. If I can't reform the area where the wiring loom passes through, I'll have to cut another hole and fill in the existing one.

Comment

welcome to the site. i used to live in mustang about....13 or 14 years ago. i loved it down there as a kid! now im up by stl and the weather here sucks. i miss not really having a winter lol
                  sigpic

Comment

I just moved here in November from the space coast. With the space shuttle program ending and nothing to take its place, the area is drying up. So the FAA dangled a carrot in front of me and I bit!

Comment

my dad used to work with lowes and was an assistant manager in okc. i was like 10 haha but i loved it
                      sigpic

Comment

I freakin' hate lot monkeys. I really REALLY do.

This car has a storied past. Notice that blue peeking out in the engine bay/header panel pics? Apparantly this car was hit hard enough up front that a donor front clip had to be grafted on. ALL THE WAY TO THE CABIN.

:eek:!!!

But if THAT wasn't enough... got hit a SECOND time, AGAIN up front, passenger side behind the wheel. Only this time it was repaired by either the BHPH lot monkeys that held the lien on this car, or the redneck inbreds that owned it during that time (I have no ill will toward the guy I bought it from. All he wanted was the engine and trans, and didn't bother exploring. I'm sure he would have scrapped it if he knew about it).

At this point, it matters little. The damage is done, the damage is old, but not unrepairable. I'll get pics of the area I am working on now up soon.

Comment

I like this guy. ;)

TEAM C6V6

Comment

You might change your mind once you get to know me. MIGHT.

:cool:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X