things i've heard at the local autozone recently - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

things i've heard at the local autozone recently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• things i've heard at the local autozone recently

i heard a girl tell a customer that it didn't matter what type of transmission fluid he used in his vehicle

after asking a worker if the a/c compressor i was getting asked for a certain weight of oil. he told me it came with oil already in it. ( it came with an oz of ice32 additive...

when i asked for a replacement a/c high side service port they told me it was hanging with the ac stuff. i told them that was only the r-12 to r134 stuff and replacement valvecores. he didn't know what to look up and got impatient with me... went to oreilys and although the first guy i spoke to basically told me the same thing but the second guy knew the part number off the top of his head.

i've heard the workers try to sell customers new evap boxes when they get the gas cap codes.... like it was definitely the problem.

ehh all i can think of but there are some dumb *** kids working there.

Re: things i've heard at the local autozone recently

they're my age btw lol. one more thing. if they are unsure about a part they say just buy and if its wrong bring it back............ maybe some people dont want the project to last 2 days lol. k im done

Comment

The guy at the Autozone by me drives a 93 Trans Am, or a 01 Buick Regal GS, I've got both my cars solved

Comment

My girlfriend brought home a new set of wipers from autozone last week for me to put on her car. I snap them on there hearing the click and everything, and procede to wiggle them to make sure they're on there. Of course they fall off. I tell her to take them back and get something else so they dont fall off in a bad rain storm when the wipers are running all out. She comes back the next day and tells me the guy there installed them for her and he said they're fine. Of course I take her outside and show her that I can push them off with my little finger. Whatever.

Comment

thats why im quitting at oreillys :) and going to go work at the local honda dealership lol but u have no idea its gets to be alot of long days at oreillys and sarcasm usually occurs quite often

Comment

These places are like churches, some are tried and true. Some are just crooks wanting $.
            Point is some autozones, orriellys and etc are better than others... Some are filled with ignorant dumbazzes and then some have skilled, knowledgable employees.
            -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

I don't know about anyone else but I like to research what I'm going to get before I go, thats if I don't know already what I'm going for.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I find the part number I need and either buy online then go pick up in store, or go to the far side Autozone where some of the workers there actually know something.

O'reillys is pointless around here. 3 out of four times I go there they give me the wrong part (right part number on box, wrong part in box). One loser there even shut the hood on my mom's 330i before checking that the radiator cap was back on (after topping off the coolant and inspecting the radiator cap). Ended up denting the hood and jamming the hood release.
                '99 Camaro
                '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

I'm lucky with the Autozone in my area. The people working here are old and some are retired. I like chatting with one of the guys there with a mint condition 89 GTA.

But every time I do go to Autozone I have to make sure I make a grocery list, because if I buy 20 bucks worth of items and I did it 5x's I get a 20 bucks discount.

If I go to Pep Boys then you're on your own.

Comment

The guy at my autozone is such an as@@#@#.

They sold me a cardone rebuilt air pump with a sticker on it that said
                    "Noise for the first 500 miles is normal".
                    I told them the thing is noisy as hell and i want to return it.
                    They said the noise is normal to wait.
                    When the noise didnt stop I bought a used one and put it in
                    so i could return it.

They gave me a very hard time and said"
                    why didnt you return it sooner"
                    I didnt get a refund but they gave me another one.
                    which also sounded noisy and very hard to turn
                    so i turned it over by hand back and forth
                    until the noise was reduced and turned better
                    then i installed it and wow perfect.

too bad for me nobody knew how to break them in right!

Comment

i've had a guy at pepboys have no idea what a 2000 z28 was, also same person asked me which motor was in my 99 corvette
                      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                      1994 Camaro - Sold
                      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Haha I went to autozone kinda recently to purchase an oil change (I don't go there anymore needless to say) and bought a 5 qt jug and a single qt. Got home, drained oil, swapped oil filters, went to add new oil and the entire 5 qt jug was used black, disgusting oil. I called them to let them know I was on my way back to change it out and they accused me of trying to scam them. I went there and the 'manager' at the tine was no help, rude as hell and denied me an exchange. I went back the next day and changed it out with the morning manager whom im more familiar with. Got the regional managers phone number and called and left a verbal complaint on the rude unprofessional retard from the night before.
                        #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

I changed the spark plugs in my wifes elauntra and when I bought the plugs at autozone I asked the girl to check to see what my wifes car should be gapped at!! She pulled out a spark plug from the box I just bought and checked it with a Plug gapper and said it looked good!! I asked her what the gap should be for my wifes car and she said what ever the new spark plugs come gapped at!! WTF!!!!
                          Jeff ..
                          1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
                          2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
                          1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
                          http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

Funniest shyt I've seen while at waiting in line at Autozone...

...the phone rang, the female sales rep answers it, someone asks her if they had any Black Caulk.

Should've seen the other reps beside her break out in laughter when the sales rep said " Do we have Black Caulk? I think we have Black Caulk, I'll put you on hold so I can check for Black Caulk sir! "

Figuring it had to be a prank call about a black mans lower anatomy, not RTV...:rolleyes:
                            Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Those idiots tried to sell me on how Fram oil filters were the best and I seriously almost laughed in their face and he insisted I buy it and I told look like man they are a POS and they offer ZERO PROTECTION. Finally I said fine likes crack them up and compare products and he shut the hell up right away and got me checked out in record time....

Just give me my Bosch oil filter and my 5W-30 Valvaline high mileage oil.:rant:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X