Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetingks from the UK

Hi Guys,

Recently found your website and with the ammount of information on it I wish I had found it sooner.

There is a good number of Camaros here in the Uk but unfortunately the V6's are not favoured so much as the big brother V8 even though the there are probaly more V6's than there are V8's. Anyway good to find a websited for us.

I have had my Camaro for 15 months now and it still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. In the seventies and eighties I had a 1965 289 Mustang a 1964 Impala and a 1978 Firebird, then I went to work in the Middle East and drove all americar cars and trucks which were available at that time so I have plenty of experience in driving amaerican cars. But the Camaro is the best of them all.

Ok mines a 1999 model Coupe T-top EU spec. It was sold new in the UK in May 2001 and I'm the second owner. It has done just over 50,000 miles and is all original except for a Magnaflow cat back exhaust which I have just had fitted. If I knew what I know now ffrom this website I would not have gone with the Magnaflow as it didn't fit and modifications had to be done to get it to fit correctly so now I am fighting with Magnaflow who wil not admit that there is a problem with this system.

Have posted a few pics of the car. Look forward to getting involved on the site

Cheers Gerry
    Attached Files

Re: Greetingks from the UK

When I was in UK I didn't see any Fbodies there. I was there for quite awhile too. I saw a lot Ford Focus and a couple of Mustangs and one Vette.

Many of the streets there are too small for Fbodies.

Glad to know you got one.

Comment

You would be surprised by the number of America cars are in the uk.

The Corvett club just had their National show and there were over 400 Corvetts plus over 150 other American cars. It was quite a site seeing so many corvetts in one place.

Check out this website for Camaro's if you haven't already.

http://www.classiccamaroclubuk.com/phpBB3/index.php

Cheers Gerry

Comment

Welcome man, clean car. :wavey:

Comment

Welcome to the site! Nice clean car.

Comment

Originally posted by March Hare View Post
            You would be surprised by the number of America cars are in the uk.

The Corvett club just had their National show and there were over 400 Corvetts plus over 150 other American cars. It was quite a site seeing so many corvetts in one place.

Check out this website for Camaro's if you haven't already.

http://www.classiccamaroclubuk.com/phpBB3/index.php

Cheers Gerry

That's awesome.

Welcome btw.

Comment

Welcome! Neat to see all the Euro spec safety items added to the Camaro. Not sure if Im a fan of it exactly, but the car itself looks amazing! Very clean.
              sigpic
              98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Welcome. You're not the only one here from the UK. The gentleman by the user name of pbryant knight is a UK camaro owner and a nice guy with a cool pace car clone.
                #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I know what you mean about the Euro specs. The mirrors and the seats without the built in headrests are my two beefs but I can't do anything about that and I do wan't to keep it as original as possible.

pbryant knight wa the person who told us about this website on our website here in the UK, and yes he does have a nice car.

Cheers Gerry

Comment

lets see a picture of the whole rear of the car? I think your bumpers are different than ours?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

His rear bumper is different , lights are on the rear of the bumper instead of the sides.
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Very nice!

The mirrors are the most noticeable difference - they don't blend into the body like the domestic F bodies. There must be a UK requirement for larger / different mirrors.
                        I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                        CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                        FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Yea there's a number of differences.

Door mirrors here have to fold, that's why they look so ugly and don't blend in.

The seat headrests must be adjustable for different height people.

We have to have rear and front Fog lights.

We have to have direction repeaters on the side

EU glass is a different standard so all the glass is different but what that difference is I don't know.

Number plates are different shape and size, again ugly.

That's all the exteior stuff I can think of.

Here's a few more pics.

Cheers Gerry
                          Attached Files

Comment

Looks good.
                            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Nice pictures; nice car!
                              I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                              CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                              FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X