Washed and Waxed after Powerdyne Install. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washed and Waxed after Powerdyne Install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washed and Waxed after Powerdyne Install.

Decided to take some new photos of the car now that the powerdyne is installed. Spent a little time washing and waxing the car yesterday:

http://rootit.org/camaro/photos/DSC_...tonemapped.jpg

sigpic

Re: Washed and Waxed after Powerdyne Install.

Lookin good

Comment

How hard was the install? And how the heeelllll is your grass so green? Everything around my house is still dead.

Comment

Originally posted by firebirdn View Post
        Lookin good
        Thanks!

Originally posted by Docta View Post
        How hard was the install? And how the heeelllll is your grass so green? Everything around my house is still dead.
        It wasn't too bad. Just had to shim things around with a bunch of washers. Few trips to Home Depot and O'Reilly Auto for hardware and tb gasket. Now I'm trying to learn how to tune :).

Grass wise I think it's just Houston. It's been hot here for a while now. I don't do anything special, just water couple of times a week.
        sigpic

Comment

Looking good, I need to get mine washed/waxed.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Is that Crow's SC?

Now you just need to clean the engine bay to match the car.

Nice looking camaro. Very straight and clean.

Comment

love the look of your car! very nice.
              Dave:
              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

get an slp grill, clear corners and take the rubber stripe off your door.
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

car looks nice dude!!!

I don't really dig the antenna though, maybe a shortened stock one would be better?

nice house btw.
                  1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                  1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
                  1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
                  2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                    Looking good, I need to get mine washed/waxed.

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                    Is that Crow's SC?

Now you just need to clean the engine bay to match the car.

Nice looking camaro. Very straight and clean.
                    Yep that's Crow's SC. I do need to clean the engine bay, but I'm not patient enough to do so. I also have some more under hood mods to install. Once the job's done I have a guy that I can pay to do a full detail (in/out) under fluorescent lights, buff out scratches, etc.. Then the engine bay will be clean too :). Ill post pics when he does my car, he usually does some amazing work.

Originally posted by dmw319 View Post
                    love the look of your car! very nice.
                    Thank you!

Originally posted by kristen View Post
                    get an slp grill, clear corners and take the rubber stripe off your door.
                    I may get an SLP grill, however I'm not sure if my laser jammer heads will fit in it. Are the fins in it the same size roughly? I had to trim the fins on the stock one to fit the jammer heads (you can see the two boxes in the front of the car). I had clear corners before, but did not care for them. I like the way the orange looks against the red more. I'll look into removing the rubber stripe though, may look cool, it's not weather stripping right?

Originally posted by truekoa View Post
                    car looks nice dude!!!

I don't really dig the antenna though, maybe a shortened stock one would be better?

nice house btw.
                    Thanks! I plan to shave the antenna completely. I was just tired for the long RC antenna :).

The house is nice, but I still have like no furniture and it's been 4 months almost. Downstairs my furniture consists of a kitchen table w/ chairs, a flat screen in the living room and a very large bench style ottoman to chill on. Dining room is full of weight lifting equipment LOL. I have the master bedroom pretty decked out though: http://rootit.org/camaro/photos/room.JPG
                    sigpic

Comment

how did you wrap the belt? if it comes right off the crank and up and over the blower pully tou will run into horrible belt slip issues. I used to have a meizire pump on my car but took it off to alter the belt routing.
                      Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                      Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                      Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                      Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                      Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

[QUOTE=OneEightSeven;1010196]Thanks :). You should wax yours up and post some pix.

I might do it tomorrow.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                          I might do it tomorrow.
                          DO IT :-)

Originally posted by Pewter02Camaro View Post
                          how did you wrap the belt? if it comes right off the crank and up and over the blower pully tou will run into horrible belt slip issues. I used to have a meizire pump on my car but took it off to alter the belt routing.
                          Current routing is:

1. Crank -> Supercharger
                          2. Supercharger -> Grooved Idler
                          3. Grooved Idler -> Tensioner
                          4. Tensioner -> Alternator
                          5. Alternator -> Power Steering
                          6. Power Steering -> Crank

It's really not optimal, but with the 6PSI pulley I don't see any slip as of re-tightening the belt after the first few runs. My plan is to:

1. Get the ZZP puelly for the AC delete to put more wrap on the SC.
                          2. To figure something out with the WP. I don't want to use a mechanical pump. The performance of the electric is really nice. There are two options the way I see it. The first is using one of the near by (to wp) bolts, converting it to a stud and putting a pulley on it to help wrap around the crank. The second option is to go to an inline pump and use a mechanical WP with the impeller disabled as an idler pulley. I saw that idea in a thread somewhere and it seems reasonable.
                          sigpic

Comment

Check this thread I started that has to do with belt routing. I did have to farbricate a bracket for this though. the whole reason i put more accesorys before the blower was to take up the slack that gets created oposite the pull side of the balancer. otyherwise all that slack builds up right on the blower pully and will lead to belt slip. I also machined cross cuts into my blower pully.

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=102429
                            Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
                            Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
                            Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
                            Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
                            Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Very happy to see that my Powerdyne went to a good home!!!
                              2001 JET BLACK V6 CAMARO <br /><br />-Powerdyne Supercharger, Pacesetter Headers, Transgo Shift Kit, and a whole lot more. <br /><br /> <a href=\"http://groups.msn.com/SPEEDSTYLEandPERFORMANCE\" target=\"_blank\">http://groups.msn.com/SPEEDSTYLEandPERFORMANCE</a> <br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/camarostallion\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/camarostallion</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X