Oil survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oil survey

Penzoil Synthetic on all 4 of my cars and frahm filter.

Comment

Castrol syntec 10w-30 and purolator pureone filters.

Comment

Used to be Mobil 1 till I realized it wasn't full synthetic anymore and gm was paid to sell their name. Now use amsoil with amsoil filter.
        #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

NAPA Synthetic and NAPA Gold Filter for my modern cars.

Shell Rotella for my flat tappet engines in my muscle cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Cool81z28 View Post

I use the rotella in my older flat tappet cars too. They are starting to pull the zinc out of it as well. Just a heads up so you can keep and eye on it. Before long we will be stuck using "racing" oil and paying the premium for it to keep the cam and lifters happy....

Comment

Originally posted by bluex View Post
              I use the rotella in my older flat tappet cars too. They are starting to pull the zinc out of it as well. Just a heads up so you can keep and eye on it. Before long we will be stuck using "racing" oil and paying the premium for it to keep the cam and lifters happy....
              I hear ya. Its just a matter of time. :tdown:

Comment

Originally posted by bluex View Post
                I hear ya. Its just a matter of time. :tdown:
                This saddens me. I heard it was bad for getting new engines broke in but will no zinc cause an issue with regular miles driving?

My dad's had 2 cams go bad with his race car engines... 1 after a break in and 1 after a few years of racing.
                -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

Originally posted by Red&Black_Attack View Post
                  This saddens me. I heard it was bad for getting new engines broke in but will no zinc cause an issue with regular miles driving?

My dad's had 2 cams go bad with his race car engines... 1 after a break in and 1 after a few years of racing.

Its a death sentence for new cams.

From what I understand it won't quickly wipe out a broken in cam but it does shorten the life of it.

Car Craft this month (August issue) has a great article on breaking in flat tappet cams and the oils or additives needed to keep them going. Its a good read. I'd recommend picking it up.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X