Exhaust finally done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust finally done

Finally all came together. Pacesetter headers, magnaflow cat, 2.5 inch mandrel bent tubes, and a dynomax super turbo muffler. I don't really have any recording devices, but I'll try to get a clip downloaded with my Ipod so that ya'll can have another entry in the exhaust sticky.

The dynomax really does purr. I wouldn't mind a little more volume, but the sound itself clean unless you are free-revving. For those that haven't gotten their headers yet, definitely get some better bolts and gaskets, my exhaust shop friend gave me some grief about what came in the box. My spark plug wires seem a little too friendly with the headers as well, any suggestions on how to shield them?

That bring my modifications list to:

*Headers down exhaust
    *Chrome Intakes CAI
    *TransGo Shift Kit
    *Corvette 1-2 Servo
    *Hypertech 160 Thermostat

My car was lowered mildly by the dealer, and has slightly oversized tires to eliminate the rest of the fender gap, but I think my next steps are going to be shocks, subframe connectors, and a one piece driveshaft, in that order. Some rims from OEWheels are definitely on the list as well. Any suggestions on how to get more go? I can't go too crazy on a college budget.

Re: Exhaust finally done

You can get exhaust boots, or get some accel extreme 9000 wires that are designed to take the heat.
    http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...40300/10002/-1

As far as future mods and bang for your buck save up for a ring and pinion kit. Maybe 3.73's? If you can find someone that can install them for a reasonable price of course.

Comment

What does a ring and pinion kit do?

Comment

Its the two main gears in the rear axle, and it determines the final gear ratio. The steeper the gear ratio (or the higher the number), the faster the engine climbs through the gear. I believe the stock ratio for automatics was 3.08 and manuals 3.24. I believe most of the v8 f-bodies have 3.42. I have 3.73 and really like it.

Comment

I use heat sheilding boots on my 10.2mm wires works great , used them when I ran 8MM wires too. This was with straight ended wires. You could go with gears or do suspension and /or weight reduction.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

It's my autocross car, so the gears are a good idea. I'll see if I can do that at the same time as the drive shaft when I find a good transmission shop.

Comment

A good torque converter would be on my list for that automatic transmission.
              Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X