Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: firefox users?

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
    I go to school online, and new posts in the forums for school used to all be in bold, so i could distinguish between them. Now i dont see the bold, all the text is the same size. I didn't have this issue prior to updating to the new version.

going back to IE8 is not an option, but i did enable to tool bar, makes it easier to find stuff. i like everything at my fingertips, not hidden away from me.

As for speed, do you think I need to go in and reconfigure all the settings i had in the old one? Like enable piplining, and whatnot?
    You should play with the zoom setting, it's possible the boldness was caused by zooming in. Otherwise its possible the page is not being rendered the same way any more by the new version of the browser. Did you experience this change on all pages or just that one? As far as reconfiguring the browser you can change pretty much anything in the about:config page. If you had better performance before you can try comparing settings if you have another computer with an older version of firefox and matching em up.
    sigpic

Comment

I've had chrome since it was first released and I will say it is 10x better than it used to be. It used to not be able to handle certain plugins (flash) but now it handles everything I've been able to throw at it for the last 6 or 8 months. I also prefer Chrome's interface over Firefox. I have no qualms with it.
      sigpic

Comment

ugh I come here to avoid the stress of my job ( desktop support ) and here dmitry is answering questions lol. Tell them to open a trouble ticket.

I used Chrome, Firefox, and IE 8. I really like Chrome as it loads a lot of my core html coding very well and like mentioned its very lightweight. The GUI for Firefox and Chrome is almost the same with a Firefox having the upper hand with plugs in and room for expansion. I use IE 8 because my school stuff will only load/view correctly there.
        1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
        1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
        1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
        2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by Heywood View Post
          I've had chrome since it was first released and I will say it is 10x better than it used to be. It used to not be able to handle certain plugins (flash) but now it handles everything I've been able to throw at it for the last 6 or 8 months. I also prefer Chrome's interface over Firefox. I have no qualms with it.
          Agreed.

What made me go to Chrome in the first place was the time it took to open firefox from an idle computer. It was a 4-5 several seconds on my dual core/4gb ram laptop. Chrome opens in less than 1 second. Since then, I've found all the bugs I experienced with Chrome in the beta to go away and I have no compatibility issues anymore. I prefer the GUI to firefox and haven't used IE since like IE 5.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X