So, my car is a "classic" now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, my car is a "classic" now

I talked to the insurance agent - he had me fill out some papers and now my Firebird's insurance premium is a lot less - mainly because it no longer is my daily driver. The agent has classified it as a "classic."

Some of the questions were what is is used for besides just driving to run errands (eg auto shows,etc). I drive it to the local Friday night car show a couple of times a year and use it to teach the automobile maintenance merit badge for Boy Scouts or for other Scout events - the Firebird will still be the outback, backpack hauler.

I'm still looking at insuring it through Geico.

The agent asked me if I was going to "restore" it. I told him it was in pretty good shape for a 200K daily driver. He said to mark his words - the car will eventually morph more and more from a down and dirty, well-tended but well-worn car to looking like it just rolled off the dealer lot. He might be right - I've already spent more time cleaning the inside of it in the past week than I had in the past two years.

Hmm...
    There's a long way to go inside of it. I don't think the Sonny's Real Pit BBQ sauce stain on the tranny tunnel between the back seats is ever going to come out, however.
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
    CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
    FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Re: So, my car is a "classic" now

Originally posted by Everglades W68 View Post
    I don't think the Sonny's Real Pit BBQ sauce stain on the tranny tunnel between the back seats is ever going to come out, however.
    I dont use my cup holder in the center console up front, i use the one that was meant for the passenger, so the passenger is forced to use the back seat cup holders....i cant tell you how many times i have had people spill coke on that same area. im pretty sure it permanent!
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
      I dont use my cup holder in the center console up front, i use the one that was meant for the passenger, so the passenger is forced to use the back seat cup holders....i cant tell you how many times i have had people spill coke on that same area. im pretty sure it permanent!
      Tell them to use the cupholder in the passenger door. It seems few people use that one.
      I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
      CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
      FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Here's my insurance. $186 per YEAR.

http://www.grundy.com/collector-ins/
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

USAA All the Way :)

Comment

Not to hijack ops thread... but Lane, I recently switched from yeas to progressive. Usaa was barging me DOUBLE and some for the exact same coverage with progressive. Usaa is kind of a scam. My whole unit pretty much dumped usaa.
            Cool and interesting though everglades.
            #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Re: So, my car is a &quot;classic&quot; now

Originally posted by Everglades W68 View Post
              Tell them to use the cupholder in the passenger door. It seems few people use that one.
              i dont think i have that one...

Not to hijack ops thread... but Lane, I recently switched from yeas to progressive. Usaa was barging me DOUBLE and some for the exact same coverage with progressive. Usaa is kind of a scam. My whole unit pretty much dumped usaa.
              after i joined the army, i looked into USAA, they wanted $1300 every 6 months, i pay $310 every six months for liability only.
              Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

How would a 2000 be classic? O.o And how the hell do I have $56 a month of full coverage for my Camaro, and I'm 18!?

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                  How would a 2000 be classic? O.o And how the hell do I have $56 a month of full coverage for my Camaro, and I'm 18!?
                  Parents policy.....
                  1995 Pontiac Firebird
                  2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

^^Even then, it sounds like he isn't listed as the primary driver. I was only parents policy too at that age (we had 3 or 4 homes and 6 cars insured through state farm for 30+ years) and with the good student and drivers ed discount, me being the owner and primary driver of my Camaro, I believe insurance ran me about 150 per month with no points on my license. I purchased the buick last year and made my Camaro the secondary car and it dropped from 110/month to 52/month for full coverage.
                    sigpic
                    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Yeah I am on my parents policy.. but we only have 4 cars on the road, a dodge dakota, my camaro, a trans am, and my brothers grand prix gtp.. I just don't get it. Sorry to go off topic..

Comment

Originally posted by Docta View Post
                        Yeah I am on my parents policy.. but we only have 4 cars on the road, a dodge dakota, my camaro, a trans am, and my brothers grand prix gtp.. I just don't get it. Sorry to go off topic..
                        The price will greatly vary if you had your own policy compared to a policy where your parents were the primary drivers. Because you probably live in the same house, they have qualified for even more discounts than if the Camaro was solely on their policy and nothing more. I never had the luxury, seeing as my parents were against me owning my Camaro in the first place. I was paying $200+ a month for full coverage insurance when I was 21, and it was over $300 a month when I was 20. But I had my own policy as well. Ive had my license suspended a total of 7 times, had more tickets than I could count, and have moved states in the last 5 years. But my current policy is only $135 a month, two cars, full coverage on the Monte Carlo with a $0 deductible, and liability + theft/damage on the Firebird (dropped coverage now that it is currently sitting). $135 a month, but Im also 30 years old.
                        1995 Pontiac Firebird
                        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

I see, I see. So I'm boned when I get my own plan huh... My V6 is going to be slow bunch of my cars xP

Comment

I just found out today that State Farm gave me another discount for turning 23, so I'm down to about $79/month and I'm not even eligible for the good student discount lol. I'm also listed as the primary driver but on my parent's policy.
                            sigpic

Comment

I only pay 125 dollars for 6 months on my camaro. But i have two vehicles and the truck they hit me for 475 for 6 months.

how is a 2000 a classic? my 95 doesn't even qualify for that and i have gieco to.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X