how to delete egr and rear o2 sensors... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to delete egr and rear o2 sensors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to delete egr and rear o2 sensors...

how do I do it? Ive been told to go to a shop but no shops around here will do it. after my header install and !cats and !egr I got to delete these so I can pass emissions next month... anyone know how?

Its for a 2000 LS1
    #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Re: how to delete egr and rear o2 sensors...

Need to find a way to tune them out. See if you can find someone with EFIlive, HPT, or LS1 edit. Have to pay for credits for that unless they've unlocked '00 year models with their credits. If not, try checking out PCMforless, Frost tuning, or some of the other mail order tunes on tech.
    '99 Camaro
    '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
    '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Pace is right, cant sim the EGR. Youll have to tune it out. No table to adjust, just make the code not exist... Did it for my AIR EGR and post O2s.

I really doubt a shop will do it because they can prob get fined for doing so. Go on tech and find someone local with HPT. Throw him a bill and have it tuned out, and maybe have him do a couple of other things.
      sigpic
      98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

The eger doesnt have a table per say but it does have a activation set temp. By this I mean it begins to function after the engine reaches a certain temp. When the EGR is functioning the ECM does referance a set of Fuel trim tables.
        So basicly the only way to turn off the EGR is to set the activation temp so high it never activates. At least that how i understand it.
        Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
        Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
        Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
        Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
        Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter02Camaro View Post
          The eger doesnt have a table per say but it does have a activation set temp. By this I mean it begins to function after the engine reaches a certain temp. When the EGR is functioning the ECM does referance a set of Fuel trim tables.
          So basicly the only way to turn off the EGR is to set the activation temp so high it never activates. At least that how i understand it.
          Or just unplug it and delete the code.
          '99 Camaro
          '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
          '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X