What should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do?

Okay here's the deal I've owned my Camaro since late 2007, its currently got 130k on it, rebuilt trans at 110k, had a new driveshaft, fuel pump, T-Top Conversion, ground effects kit from an LS1 Camaro, and the infamous $50 dollar paint job. My original intentions were to keep this a pure back yard project and keep the budget as cheap as possible but this car has been a money pit from day one, if I could go back and take the money from the time I financed the car and put the work into it I probably could have had an early LT1 Corvette or late model LS1 car.

I've been playing withe idea of possibly getting rid of the Camaro for a Fiero GT. I've owned Fiero's in the past. I love them and I've always wanted to build a Lamborghini Replicar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHe5-9J6tsI
    This weekend I saw to kits. I'm motivated to my build started.

The last things Id like to accomplish with the Camaro 3.8 is Turbo or Supercharger build from the junkyard like an L67 top end conversion or a Turbo out of a GSX. It's not quite my dream car but Id like to begin work on my dream car though. So the big question is should I sell the camaro to begin another project?

What would you do?

Re: What should I do?

I like Fiero's, but don't turn it into a replica of something its not. The turbo out of a GSX is not something I would put under the hood of a Series II 3.8l, but turbo'ing a 3.8l would be nice to see. It CAN be done cheaply, and you can do it with the L36 you have now, depending on how much air you're trying to push.
    1995 Pontiac Firebird
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Mogobs30th View Post
      I like Fiero's, but don't turn it into a replica of something its not. The turbo out of a GSX is not something I would put under the hood of a Series II 3.8l, but turbo'ing a 3.8l would be nice to see. It CAN be done cheaply, and you can do it with the L36 you have now, depending on how much air you're trying to push.
      I wouldn't say turning it into somethat that its not but something cool :rock:

I was thinking either out of an Eclipse GSX or a Saab Turbo. The whole system out of a junkyard. I'm not looking to build a 1000hp or something but something that will be an improvement over the current performance.

Comment

You would still have to modify it to work on a V6 fbody, might as well build it from scratch.
        1995 Pontiac Firebird
        2008 Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4x4

Comment

Throw an LS1 into the Camaro. Easier, cheaper, be happy :)
          sigpic
          98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X