I hate the mall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I hate the mall

That's what I thought when he said she left a note. Have you talked to this broad yet?
    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.chitownracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.chitownracing.com</a>

Comment

yea i hope you called the police.. that is horrible!
      Dave:
      00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Tucson police won't respond to anything that's on private property and someone isn't going to the hospital, thanks to budget cuts. I have real contact info (called her and she came out of mall to talk to me). Will get estimate and see if she will make good before seeing what other options I have.
        Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
        Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Haha, freaking police won't come out and do anything for a private property incident? So much for protect & serve.

Comment

That sucks! i can't believe uninsured people can have the privilege to drive!

Comment

Originally posted by golfproeric View Post
              That sucks! i can't believe uninsured people can have the privilege to drive!
              Yeah, I can't fathom that... If you get caught driving uninsured here its a HUGE deal.
              In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
              2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

Zlexiss is right, the cops here in Tucson will not respond to accidents on private property, unless somebody gets hurt. It was that way even before the budget cuts. And the law really doesn't scare people enough to force them to buy insurance. The law just keeps the honest people honest.

Here's our law:
                • $500 fine for the first violation and suspension of your driver license, registration and plates for three months
                • $750 fine for the second violation within 36 months and suspension of your driver license, registration and plates six months
                • $1,000 fine for the third violation within 36 months and suspension of your driver license, registration and plates for one year
                Now if they added some jail time in there, it might help.
                Last edited by ScottS4050; 04-04-2011, 11:46 AM.

Comment

or death...that might help too
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by firebirddrvr View Post
                    or death...that might help too
                    Agreed.

Comment

dont call the cops unless you have to...she left her info, atleast shes trying at this point...cut her a break...if shes willing to fix it let her be...she could of not left you anything but the damages and a big "F-U"...you guys are acting like its a hit and run.

gotta give her some credit for being upfront about it...don't throw her under the bus like that...thats what would make someone think twice about leaving their info next time...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                        dont call the cops unless you have to...she left her info, atleast shes trying at this point...cut her a break...if shes willing to fix it let her be...she could of not left you anything but the damages and a big "F-U"...you guys are acting like its a hit and run.

gotta give her some credit for being upfront about it...don't throw her under the bus like that...thats what would make someone think twice about leaving their info next time...
                        The problem is, chances are this will basically turn into a hit and run. Typically people that don't carry car insurance don't have the kinda cash sitting around to pay for that damage.

Its in the best interest of the lady to be "nice" and "work it out" so the cops aren't involved to document the accident, and make it harder in the end to prove any negligence on her part.

When you throw a dollar amount at her, good luck at getting her to return any phone calls after that.
                        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Originally posted by sac2165 View Post
                          The problem is, chances are this will basically turn into a hit and run. Typically people that don't carry car insurance don't have the kinda cash sitting around to pay for that damage.

Its in the best interest of the lady to be "nice" and "work it out" so the cops aren't involved to document the accident, and make it harder in the end to prove any negligence on her part.

When you throw a dollar amount at her, good luck at getting her to return any phone calls after that.
                          I completely agree with sac2165. And LETZRIDE, I dont think zlexiss was going to call
                          the cops on her right away (not that they will do anything, anyway.)
                          Unless he has witnesses, he's screwed if she fails to pay. He'll either have to
                          eat it himself, or claim it on his insurance, which may raise his rates.

This happens all the time here in the States. Happened to me about 12 years ago (on the street
                          instead of private property.) The cops were called, and they just gave the guy a ticket,
                          and sent him on his way. We went to court and the judge ordered him to pay for
                          my damages, about $1900, and ordered him to pay back my medical insurance company
                          the $850 for having my 4 month old son treated for minor injuries in the ER.
                          I never saw a penny of it, and I doubt my insurance company did either.
                          The guy completely defaulted on me, then moved out of AZ. And there was
                          nothing I could do.

Ya know, I've been driving for 21 years now, and I have not been without
                          auto insurance for one single day. Not one. But it's people like me, and zlexiss
                          that pay the price for being honest (and plenty have had it much, much worse.)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X